Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing JDBC driver in PI 7.31

former_member522401
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I'm new to SAP PI i am facing issue related to JDBC driver installation in SAP PI 7.31.

I have followed  SAP note1138877 - How to Deploy External Drivers JDBC/JMS Adapters

to deploy the JDBC driver but couldn't succeed.

Please let me know the detail process to deploy the JDBC Driver.

Thanks

D.Patel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

What is the driver vendor that you want to install?., what is the problem that you are getting?.

If you have Oracle for example, check this doc:

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vila,

I have deployed JDBC driver(sqljdbc4.0 and PI is 7.3) according tohttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00b4a020-4ae6-2c10-5a95-fed4ad9a4... .

Driver deployed successfully and I have checked it in folder \usr\sap\xxx\DVEBMGS30\j2ee\cluster\bin\ext\com.sap.aii.adapter.lib\lib and it's found ok. But this adapter type  not showing in Communication Channel only RFC and SOAP are showing there. I have restarted the server also. Can you  tell me where I am wrong?

0 Kudos

Hi Poonia,

Have you checked if JDBC adapter appears in the CPA Cache content or the Adapter Metada in ESR? Perhaps you can try to run a full CPA cache refresh.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy,

Can u tell me how to check JDBC adapter in the CPA Cache content or the Adapter Metadata in ESR?

0 Kudos

Hi Poonia,

Check url:

http://host:port/CPACache -> Display CPA Cache Content, the adapter metadata is displayed as

"CPAObject: (AdapterTypeMetaData) .... "

I don't have any ESR access in hand, but I remember it should be enclosed in SWC SAP BASIS 7.31.

All adapters are here.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I din't found JDBC adapter type In Cache log. Only RFC and SOAP are present.After observing cache log  I think this it will be visible in CACHE only when I shall use JDBC adapter in IR but adapter not visible in IR.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

In addition, check the SAP note 1931899 AEX/PI - Deploying external drivers with SUM. This also describes the driver install process, which should now be done using SUM (not JSPM).

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This blog would help u in deploying sda files in case u have all the necessary jar files.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos