cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARM Task List's Phase 'Development without Release': can I move transports to Q&A system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I'm wondering if there is a way to move Transport Requests (not Transports of Copies) from DEV to Q&A system while the Task List still at  'Development without Release' phase ?

Is it possible at all?

You help will be really appreciated.

Thanks,

MM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Below links discusses the same in standard

Phases in the Project and Maintenance Cycle - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

Further, you can either customize the maintenance cycle i.e SMMN to ZMMN etc or switch the phase to Development with Release.

Regards

Prakhar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MM,

Create urgent change and move the transports as it works independent of the maintenance task list.

You need to decide on what is your scenario and what phases of the task list you should maintain as per the requirement.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MM

is a way to move Transport Requests (not Transports of Copies) from DEV to Q&A system while the Task List still at  'Development without Release' phase

It depends on what kind of correction you are working on.

For Normal Correction:

NO, you cant, As per SAP Standard you can't do this, Original TR not even released during this phase. more over TOC not even created with the phase Dev Without release.

For Urgent Correction

Yes, Urgent correction can be created and released during all the phases except Go Live

refer here

Other options like, you can create TR outside charm and later attach to Task list, but you need to change the SAP_CTS_PROJECT often to achieve this , refer the sap note 1134993 - Checking transport requests outside ChaRM

Hence I could suggest you go for Urgent correction.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MM,

In the phase " Development without Release"  even not able to release the TR transport in Dev. this will be done in "Development with Release"

In exception case, go to "CTS status switch" in solar_project_admin and uncheck the option for manual release in Dev and import in QAS and try it.

Rg,

Karthik