Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancing standard WD component controller exposed as interface controller

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have enhanced the standard WDC DPR_DET_DATA_PROJECT_O(exposed as interface controller) and added four cutom UI elements using Zfields from my ztable. Now I need to update the zfield values in my ztable after the user performs save action. I came to know that method ON_SAVE_REQUEST of WDC -  DPR_PROJECT_STRUCTURE is doing the save operation.

I tried to expose my node as Interface node in DPR_DET_DATA_PROJECT_O to get the values in DPR_PROJECT_STRUCTURE, but it is not possible according to SAP. So how can I proceed further to read my context values from component  DPR_DET_DATA_PROJECT_O into DPR_PROJECT_STRUCTURE.

Also have read that I can use ABAP class with singleton pattern, but am unaware of it. So is there any other way to read my context values into component DPR_PROJECT_STRUCTURE.

Please suggest me and give your valuable ideas.

Thanks,

Ramakrishnan M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishnan,

create a class and define an attribute in the class. Set the data to the attribute of the class and fetch the data where required.

Try this once. Hope this should help you.

Thanks & Regards,

Sankar Gelivi

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sankar,

Thanks for your idea. But in which method can I get those context node values to set it in class attributes.

As I'll get the values in the context once an user tries to give input data, so can I use DOMODIFYVIEWW method to set the data in class attribute.

Thanks,

Ramakrishnan.

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rama Krishan,

You can set the data in the DOMODIFYVIEW( ) , but keep a condition because DOMODIFYVIEW( ) will trigger for all the user actions.

Have a check, if this doesnt work, then we will work around.

Thanks & Regards,

Sankar Gelivi

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Sankar,

I'll check it up and get you back.

With Regards,

Ramakrishnan.

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos