cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for clarity on Process Orchestration? Is there any trial version for process Orchestration for PI?

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to PI process Orchestration (PO). I have gone through getting started wiki page but unable to understand clearly.

I have following questions.

1. Is PO new version of PI?

2. Is PO an Add-in tool for PI?

3. If I want to try out PO can I get any trial version of the same? Is there any link where I can download the same? SAP download center is not allowing me to download any software.

4. I currently have PI 7.31. Can I use PO trial version with this? Or Do I need to upgrade PI also?

5. Do I need Netweaver developer studio in order to work with PO?

6. Is PO fully Java based tool?

7. Is PO a tool to just replace ccBPM?

8. Is the current PI repository (creating interfaces, mappings) and configuration steps automatically created by PO?

Please help.

Thanks

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Is PO new version of PI? 

-->No. Instead PO is a combination PI + BRM+ BPM.

2. Is PO an Add-in tool for PI?

---->in other words, PI is part of PO

3. If I want to try out PO can I get any trial version of the same? Is there any link where I can download the same? SAP download center is not allowing me to download any software.

---->AFAIK - there is no trail version. They did it for HANA and they are providing one for HCI but nothing is available for PO.

4. I currently have PI 7.31. Can I use PO trial version with this? Or Do I need to upgrade PI also?

---->If you are on single stack - It won't be an upgrade. You would be installing BRM and BPM on the same/different instance.There is no impact on PI.

If you are on dual stack - You need a fresh instllation and migrate your interfaces to the new system.

5. Do I need Netweaver developer studio in order to work with PO?

----> ESR and ID swing client would still be available and nwds for consuming them into BPM

6. Is PO fully Java based tool?

--->Yes. Btw..Tool sounds like a simple thing. I would rather call it as a product

7. Is PO a tool to just replace ccBPM?

--> i hope you realized that it's not "just".

8. Is the current PI repository (creating interfaces, mappings) and configuration steps automatically created by PO?

--> If you are single stack then there is no change required.

If you are on dual stack you have to migrate your interfaces to new system as you can not upgrade. There are migration tools available to make it easier.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the below blog for trial version

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

Thanks for your answers.

I saw the download link for trial version. However it requires amazon registration which is  not FREE.

So it's clear that no trial version for PO is available.

Thanks anyway.

Regards

Gopal

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

This is regarding the last question:

Is the current PI repository (creating interfaces, mappings) and configuration steps automatically created by PO?

What I meant here is that with PO is the manual steps for PI repository and configuration fully automated?

In other words with PO once we create the complete end  to end model, is there a option to generate all the interfaces, mappings and configurations in PI automatically? Or is that also manually done separately in PI box?

Thanks

Gopal

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are on dual stack and want to migrate your interfaces to single stack (PO) then you can simply export and import all your ESR(repository) content

For configuration objects, SAP has provided some tools which will automatically create your interfaces in new system ( except IDOC. n proxy interfaces for which you have to cinfigure new java based adapters manually)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can refer to below blog for more details

http://scn.sap.com/community/process-orchestration/blog/2014/01/30/migration-from-double-stack-to-si...

If you are looking for new iflow - genration of configuration objects then please refer to below doc

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/304eda9e-736f-2f10-7c99-a9b61353c...

Message was edited by: Hareesh Gampa

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For trials version the best way is to ask directly to SAP because they have different opportunities depending the company, you can know in this way the cost of the entire product and the possibility of testing it.

To know more about PO, i recommend you to read the key topics in the SCN forum:

Regards.

monikandan_p
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

PO is nothing but a combination of 3 different products hosted on single server.

PO = PI7.31 + NW BPM + NW BRM

Regarding, trial version, i don't think there is anything like trial version for PO.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava