Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Pass Username as a parameter in webdynpro URL

former_member182915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Techies,

I need yours help..

I want to know how i pass username and password in webdynpro abap  application link so that i use in browser without log in it.

I go through many link , as per them pass parameters in url(eg.  matnr=0111101000), and handle in the  HANDLEDEFAULT method of window controller.

but HANDLEDEFAULT of window controller is assessable only after log in .

Please suggest the way to resolve this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swadhin,

User Id and Password you can set in SICF transaction.URL of Webdynproapplication to get executed it asks for user credentials to login. So, you have to do this at system level.

Do the following :

1. Run the Transaction SICF.

2. Press F8

3. Select Virtual Host as Default Host from Search Help and click on Apply Button.

4. select Application from Default Host Path. SAP-BC-WEBDYNPRO-

5. Choose User Namespace below webdynpro and All the applications under that name space will be diplayed.

6. choose your desired application and double click on it

7. click on edit button and Enter Logon credentials, User and Password .

8. click on save button.

Now Launch your application it will not ask for User credentials.

*Note : If you give user credentials at the namespace level, then for all the applicaitons in that namespace, credentials will be applied and running any of the application will not ask for User login detials.

Hope this will be helpful for you..

Regards,
Ravikiran.K

former_member182915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks  a lot for your valuable reply ,

For better under standing i give the scenarios

PO are release base on release strategy last approved by directer so a mail will trigger by help of workflow that mail contain a link (webdynpro link)  , after clicking on it he/she approve or reject.

so in back berry or in i phone approval will  be complied so that url must hold credential that help to enter to application .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swadhin,

You are Welcome  swadhin. I think sending Director User Id in URL is ok, but coming to Password it is not good idea to do that. I think SSO_CA should help in that case, means  Certificate level Acess to the System application.

Regards,
Ravikiran.K

former_member182915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi,

Please suggest way to achieve SSO_CA in this case as i don't have basic idea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swadhin,

It will done by Basis people and they do at system configuration mostly.It contains Email adress and some private key realted to each Employee in the Company.I don't think they will enable for Mobiles.Have to check.Simply Speaking SSO_CA is the First level of Security check to acess.

Some Sample screen shots when you try to acess SCN.SAP.COM, when user using PC/Laptop

1.  UserId (SSO_CA)

Clicking on certification Information

So, Have to check with Basis people how to configure so that the URL when acessed from Mobile should have Certification Check.

Nothing has to be done from Developer regarding it.

Regards,

Ravikiran.K

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swadhin,

You can access the parameters of the URL, only once when you process or executes the application.

HANDLEHEFAULT ( ) of the window gets called only when the application is triggered.

Thanks & Regards,

Sankar Gelivi

former_member182915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sankar,

thanks for your reply ,

But if we maintain user id and password in url and manipulated in handlerdefault  then control must be within application so what is the need user id and pwd , i want something it ask or set user id before enter into application environment.