cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to adjust alert time or data collection time in BPMon IMIDOC01?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I monitor IDocs in ERP system using BPMon(IMIDOC01) of SolMan 7.1 SP04 with ST-A/PI 01Q_700 SP01.

The monitoring is working correctly, but alert time is delayed in comparison with data collection time.

The following case, alert time is 10 min behind data collection time.

Please let me know how to adjust the alert time or data collection time.

Regards,

Takashi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nasu-san

For both issues (delay & mojibake), I recommend to apply note 1869678 & 1823650.

(I saw mojibake issue in the past...  In the past I did some workaround like login to the SolMan in English and conduct load monitor. And re-generate the monitor and activate the monitor.

Then the alert text became at least in english instead of XXXX).

But I guess the issue might be fixed already (I do not see the issue in my test system that is SolMan SP8 like attached picture). So I hope framework note 1869678 fix the issue. On timelag, I am not 100% sure. But I hope note note 1869678 & 1823650 solve the issue.

For IDoc monitor, by default data collection conducted every 15 min in background in managed system (via BPM_DATA_COLLECTION_1/2) then the result re-trive at SolMan side through regular result check (background data collection and regular checks are separate activities) that occur every 5 min. So  I expect around 5 min time lag like attached picture. But your picture shows 10 min time lag. It seems werid from my perspective.

Regarding on the note 1869678 & 1823650,  Please make sure you have latest note.

To avoid too much correction, BPMon note already provide additional fix through version up of the note.

So even managed system already has note, there is a possibility the note already obsolete. And faced issue fixed with new version of same note.After applying the note, it is better to conduct re-generation and activation.

I hope this information solve your issue.

Best Regards

Keiji Mishima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mishima-san,

Thank you for your reply.

I have applied the latest note 1823650 to managed system on 24th Jan.

I have applied the note 1869678 version 28 to managed system on same day as well.

In version 29, it seems there is a fix for only ST7.1 SP10.

But I will try to think about applying the latest note next week.

By the way, Regarding attached picture, I have something on my chest.

I monitor "Sending IDocs(IMIDOC01)" and "Receiving IDocs(IMIDOC01)".

Only "Receiving IDocs" monitoring has the issue(10 min delayed).

In "Sending IDocs" monitoring, it is working correctly like your picture(5 min delayed).

These 2 IDoc monitorings are in the same solution, same business process and same business step.

Does it have a relation with this issue?

Should it be worked in separate business processes or separate business steps?

Regards,

Takashi Nasu

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nasu-san

Unfortunately/Fortunately, I can reproduce your issue in our test solman (SP8) with managed system (ST-A/PI Q SP2) with most latest framework & IDoc notes.

Based on your inforamtion, I create new IDoc monitor for the same process step (login EN language and create IDoc monitor with JP text and JP alert text). Then suprisingly, this IDoc report alert 10 minutes delay and also alert text comes to have mojibake issue.

If I login Solman in JP language, and regenerate and activate, text issue fixed.

But I think it might be slightly something different in old setup screen...

So if login language does not fix the issue, you may need to conduct load monitor.

On time lag issue, I also have another Idoc monitor in another business process step (in total I created 3 inbound IDoc monitors. And 2 of them exist same step). And it looks fine.

Juding from this situation, the issue seems to be occured if 2 monitor exist in same step even both monitors check different IDoc type.

So as a temporary workaround, setting up monitor in other business process step, might works.

(Not 100% confident due to SP difference. But at least in my local environment it works).

But for both issues, I consider it as  product issue. And existing notes seems not fixing.

So if the time allowed, I recommend you to wait incident message replay from SAP.

(now SAP call OSS message as incident message).

Here is my problem monitor example.

Best Regards

Keiji Mishima