Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish dataset on Explorer

clalanca
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,
Anyone know if you need to do some configuration for publishing datasets in the explorer through Lumira?.

I tried to do it but the only error is "not connected", there is nothing that tells me where to look or what to do.

I thank you.

Regards,

Claudia Angeles

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the CMC up and available?

You should be able to enter the CMS Server name, authentication Enterprise and User name - there is nothing else.

clalanca
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

The CMC is up and available....

No idea what's going

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you entering the CMS server name correctly?  Very strange as I didn't have to do anything to get that to work

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you acquire data from a universe coming from the same BI system?

please confirm - what's your BI version, sp and patch level ?

do you have a confirmed administrative businessobjects user? ( in case your named user has insufficient priviledges)

have you tried a variety of fully qualified names or IP addresses to connect?

regards,

H

clalanca
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, because I can connected with universes, but the problem is that I cannot make the connection for publish the datasets...

clalanca
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Yes I can acquire data from a universe..

The version is BO 4.0 SP7

My user is administrator actually I working whit Lumira because  we want to implementate the selfservice for analytics.

Thanks..

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

Can you please check if the explorer services are running on the CMC ?

Thanks

Antoine

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not quite sure what to suggest here other than to enable some local client traces.. see the article here: 1782007 - SAP Lumira desktop 1.0: How to trace the application using
native BO_Trace.ini logs

don't forget to disable it again after capturing your workflow!

Firstly however, you may want to enter your server credentials in the FQDN format  hostname.network.domain:port

in the Help guide, there is some information about ports that need to be opened :

Any port in the range 4520-4539 - but this is apparently for installation steps.

Another quick way to help identify route cause, is to install the  LUM client directly on the server (this would help prove a blocking firewall / port problem)

regards,
H

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, Any update on your progress?

regards,

H

clalanca
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

I just follow the note than u suggested but I cannot find the logs files on the path that it mention...

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Claudia,

At which point in the path is there no following folder?
(i.e. Do you have the SAP Lumira folder? Or when you open that, there is no Desktop folder?)

-Bijan

clalanca
Participant
0 Kudos

The paths that were proporcionate on the note does not on mi PC

• Locate the log file under path: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\sapvi\logs  (on Windows XP logs will be located: C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Temp\sapvi\logs)

I search on my PC the folder call SAPVI and I did not found anything..

clalanca
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, They are..

clalanca
Participant
0 Kudos

I have got a SAP Lumira Folder C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop; I configured the BOTrace.ini the thing is that I cannont find the logs..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Claudia,

Make sure you can view hidden files and folders

Here's a screenshot on HOW TO:

(note: if you can't see the menu bar [the one with File, Edit, View, Tools, Help]  push the alt button once, and it will appear)

(another note: if this is already checked.... try to UNCHECK the 'Hide protected operating system files' box, and try again)

THEN Navigate again to

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Temp\sapvi\logs

**Notice, the AppData folder is semi-transparent (meaning it is a 'hidden' file)**
Picture:

Let me know if that works for you!

Bijan

clalanca
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bijan,

I feel shy for the small problem to find the files, Thanks a lot!!..

Finally I found the logs and I found a line than keept my attention:

Caused by: com.crystaldecisions.enterprise.ocaframework.OCAFrameworkException$AllServicesDown: Unable to find servers in CMS hostname:6400 and cluster @HOSTNAME.sap.novis.com.mx:6400 with kind explorerMaster and service null. All such servers could be down or disabled by the administrator. (FWM 01014)

Regards,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Claudia,

SHY!?!? Never, we're a family of peers!

Looking into the error.

While looking into that, have you followed Henry's suggestion of running it directly on the server (to rule-out firewall/port issues)?

-Bijan

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. that error message seems to suggest that the "explorer master server"  (i.e. 1 of the 4 types needed  for explorer application)  is not up and running or is unreacheable. Please check again

2. maybe your personal computer is having trouble reaching the fully qualified domain name, because an entry needs to be maintained in the host file . Please maintain an IP and FQDN in the windows host file on your machine.

3. a lateral question: Do you have a cluster of BI servers having multiple "explorer master servers" accross the deployment?  If yes, what if you shutdown various nodes, and focus on 1 BI host?

4. Does your BIPlatform web deployment go through a Load balancer?

by the way, there is something very unexpected/suspect with your error text .  I have seldom seen this trace extract "with kind explorerMaster and service null"  so i think you should actually contact Support Services (AGS)   - and it makes me suspect there is something wrongly configured in the BIPlatform side.

regards

H

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

Your other discussion thread here :        ... suggests you have otherissues with your BI Platform,  possibly a network connection problem due to blocking ports or firewalls .

At this stage, you really must contact SAP AGS, because SCN isn't ideal for detailed product support interactions.  these aren't product issues, but infrastructure complications on your side.

Many thanks for your help and cooperation.

regards,

H

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

any update?

did you resolve your local system/infrastructure problems, so that Lumira can work?

clalanca
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Henry,

The team have been working and doing many things, but we cannot solve it, so that we are doing next is upgrade BI 4.0 to 4.1, after that we are working again in Lumira and IDT

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

rememer - your quickest test is to install the lumira desktop on the server

then work back from there

clalanca
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, I did not mentionated but we did the test on the server and IDT  works, so maybe the real problem is a kind of firewall on mi site, the problem is that we have got a network NAT..

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

i guarantee you, this problem is local to your infrastructure!

Good luck

clalanca
Participant
0 Kudos

I will let you know if we can fix it...

Thanks for all!

Answers (0)