cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company code 1000 is not assigned to a controlling area

syerazvi
Participant
0 Kudos

While processing an order i get an error  '' Company code is not assigned to a controlling area ''. Now when i go to IMG-ES-Assignment-Controlling- Assign CC to controlling area i don't know what to assign it to, I am working on the standard IDES system, when i assign any one from the list to company code 1000 it says chart of account don't match and when i change the chart of accounts in the OBY6 (for company code) setting to match one from the Assign CC to controlling area then it says ""Reset company code data before changing the chart of accounts.

Best

Syed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Syed

create a new controlling area by coping 1000 under ES -Defin - FI, and then assign the same to your company code in the path mentioned by you.

Please refer Assign company code to controlling area. | SCN, it will be helpfull to you

Thanks.

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

Check the chart of accounts and Fiscal year variant assigned.

Go to T.Code OKKP and create a controlling area.

Assign your company code to controlling area.

Activate components and save it.

Regards,

Keshava Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed

When working with an order, check the org elements assigned therein. Eg: Work center -> Cost center, Profit Center, etc. These are linked to one controlling area and therefore you shoud be assign the same to your company code. there are pre-requisites like Chart of Accounts and Fiscal Year variant for assignment of Company code to Controlling area.

In IDES, normally Company Code 1000 is assigned to Controlling area 1000. Maybe for testing purpose, someone from the team had removed the assigment.

Hope it helps

Regards

Mustafa

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Syed, try create your own company code copying from 1000, it is not advised to modify standard settings or create brand new ones, causes numerous issues.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using Standard, just use controlling area as 1000

unless it was changed before that settings should be available, that setting should be available

regards,

santosh