cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing data from SAP to XI through Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want send the data through proxy from sap to xi and I want to know the difference between server proxy and client proxy, which one will be suitable to my scenario.

Pls provide suitable and accurate guide to work on this scenario.

Thanks,

Sheshu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheshu,

Pls find the links to support to your scenario and find client proxy for your scenario.

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies - Activate Proxy

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies - ABAP Server Proxy

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy - ABAP Client Proxy

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy - ABAP Proxy

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii - See the proixy section which gives detail explanation of proxies for you.

Thanks,

venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you venu and Gajendra for providing useful information

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gajendra_bhakuni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sheshu,

In this case you need to use client proxy. The concep is same as in the normal client-server communication.

If you was to access some functionality (or request data) from another application you are the client - sending the message to XI. Hence the client proxy.

If somebody calls you to access the functionality provided by you via XI then you are the server - receiving the request and performing the operation and sending the response. Hence the server proxy.

<a href="/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy to File scenario</a>

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gajendra.