Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Manager Inbox POWL

HammerM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Forum Members

Sorry if this has been asked before, I'm sure it will have been but I can't find a relevant answer....

In our SRM 7.02 Manager Inbox POWL we are seeing other work items apart from shopping cart approvals in the category "Work Items".

What we would like to see is only shopping carts awaiting approval by the manager.

Using POWL_COCKPIT I have changed the query parameters of SAPSRM_IBO_INBOX_01 but the manager can easliy clear these settings using the Settings option (we have hidden the Change / Define / Personalise options in the POWL using authorisations).

How can we set the query parameters and make them not changeable? Is there a better way?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

henning_abel
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

above mentioned entries in table IBO_C_WF_TA_P_SC are working correctly....

as long as you don't overtake a substitution.

Then these restrictions are not working and all the workitems from ERP SBWP (non-relevant for SRM) are displayed.

Does anybody have an idea how we can also restrict to SRM-relevant workitems after having overtaken a substitution? Is that a separate application or POWL type ID?

Thanks and BR,

Henning

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Even iam facing a similar issue. Could anyone guide and let me know the solution. Iam currently using SWF_WORKPLACE ABAP Webdynpro Application which shows Workitems from SBWP.

Now I want to restrict the workitems to be displayed in SWF_WORKPLACE ABAP Webdynpro Application.

@Abel,

Did you find any solution in this regard.

Thanks,

Sankar

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, have you tried WF_BWP_SELECT_FILTER BADI?

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anikeev,

If we go with this Badi, then I guess it will not show the work item in SBWP. But I want the workitem to be shown in SBWP but not in SWF_WORKPLACE Application

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you can just treplace the POWL Feeder class.

Transaction POWL_TYPE, Type: WF_INBOX

Copy the class into the new one - and replace anything you want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some task are provided by standard. You can hide any tasks in any POWL Inbox type using the customizing table IBO_C_WF_TA_P_HC.

You can do this by the corresponding IMG-node:

SAP Implementation Guide -> Cross-Application Components -> Inbox -> Assign Task IDs to POWL Types. (This IMG task has a detailed task description that should help you to understand the needed procedure),

In this task, select "Hide Task IDs".

Now, you can enter all task IDs that should be hidden in your application.

The standard tasks can be found in table IBO_C_WF_TA_P_TY.

henning_abel
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Kai,

thanks for the quick answer.

I already tried to enter a specific TS00008075 which in my opinion is one of the ERP SBWP entries.

Now I entered every Task which is table "IBO_C_WF_TA_P_TY", but still all ERP-workitems are displayed in Manager POWL.

Is Application and POWL-TYP-ID field filled correctly like that?

Thanks for another hint.

BR,

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hm, as far as I remember, you can't use an asterix as placeholder in the application field.

So, please try to set the application's name itself.

henning_abel
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks,

is the application the webservice which is started? Or do you have an idea where I can find the exact application name for "Work Overview" (-->SRM Manager Inbox)?

Thanks and BR,

Henning

henning_abel
Participant
0 Kudos

Resolved --> Application name is

"SAPSRM_IBO_INBOX"

Entries were made in "Assign additonal Task IDs" for

SAPSRM_IBO_INBOX      SAPSRM_IBO_FEEDER_WI      TS40007945

SAPSRM_IBO_INBOX      SAPSRM_IBO_FEEDER_WI      TS40007952

SAPSRM_IBO_INBOX      SAPSRM_IBO_FEEDER_WI      TS40007953

SAPSRM_IBO_INBOX      SAPSRM_IBO_FEEDER_WI      TS40007994

No entries in "Hide Task IDs"

BR,

Henning

henning_abel
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mark,

did you find a solution for hiding "non-SRM Workitems" in SRM Manager Inbox POWL?

Thanks and BR,

Henning Abel

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

just an alternative solution.

You can try to use BADI WF_BWP_SELECT_FILTER for filtering Workitems in the inbox.

Concrete for your requirement:

POWL_QUERY

You can predefine parameters via first button and hide/disable them via "Query Settings"

Regards

Konstantin

HammerM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin

We are using BADI WF_BWP_SELECT_FILTER to hide SRM workflow tasks from SBWP and that is working fine as we only want these processed in the WDA POWL.

However our issue is that there are a number of SRM workflow tasks and we only want these to be displayed in the Manager SRM POWL - however other non-SRM workflow items that appear in SBWP are appearing in the SRM POWL also.

We tried the configuration you mentioned in POWL_QUERY in your screenshot but the Query Parameters only allows for 1 workflow task ID - but as mentioned there are more than 1 SRM workflow tasks and we need all of these to show in SRM POWL.

Hope that all makes sense...

So in summary what we require is:

SBWP = show all workflow tasks except SRM workflow tasks

SRM POWL = show only SRM workflow tasks

Thanks in advance

Mark

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

there is a number of possible solutions:

1. You can just check sy-tcode or WD-application Configuration to determine, where the user is, inside of WF_BWP_SELECT_FILTER BADi.
  2. You can enhance Feeder-Class for POWL (if you use standard - it should be CL_IBO_INBOX_FEEDER_WI as Aromal already wrote). Enhancement in IF_POWL_FEEDER~GET_SEL_CRITERIA to adopt selection criteria or in IF_POWL_FEEDER~GET_OBJECTS to delete undesirable items
  3. You can create your own Feeder-Class as a child of CL_IBO_INBOX_FEEDER_WI and make a new POWL-Type/Query on its basis.

Regards

Konstantin

aromalr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Only relevant authorization object for POWL is CA_POWL.  If it is not satisfying fo for custom POWL ids. Regards Aromal Raveendran

HammerM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aromal

But this does not provide functionality to restrict the POWL by workflow task. Surely within the POWL setup we can enforce a restriction? I've looked at the built in filters and there is one for workflow task but it only allows 1 task to be entered and for the shopping cart process we have several tasks.

Our basic requirement is to ensure that the SRM Manager POWL only displays workflow tasks related to SRM shopping carts and not any other workflow tasks - this must be possible?

Thanks in advance

Mark

aromalr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi MarK,

Did you want a filter for  POWL or UWL inbox in portal. Normally all workflow task will appear UWL inbox. You can confiure custom XML configuration for UWL and limit the specific task. Please refers below thread for this.

if i am understood it wrongly please correct me.

Regards

Aromal Raveendaran

HammerM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aromal

We do not use the Portal, but NetWeaver Business Client Client instead (Portal Independant Framework).

So this is POWL ApplicationID: SAPSRM_IBO_INBOX with Query SAPSRM_IBO_INBOX_01 Feeder SAPSRM_IBO_FEEDER_WI

This POWL is configured in the standard SRM Manager PFCG Role.

When we allocate this Role to users, they are seeing WF items relating to SRM shopping carts but also other WF items that we do not want in the list - so how can we filter them out?

I have tried changing the Query SAPSRM_IBO_INBOX_01 but it only allows one task ID  in the parameter field.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Mark

aromalr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

ok Mark thanks for the detailed explanation. Then I could see only one option. We can created different for each task ID as you said it is a parameter field.

Regards

Aromal R

aromalr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

One more option do an overwrite on class CL_IBO_INBOX_FEEDER_WI method IF_POWL_FEEDER~GET_SEL_CRITERIA can help.

Regards

Aromal  Raveendran