Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importance of RDD in SO for rule based atp

former_member584310
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a situation wherein we have customized the requested delivery dates in the order. The order just defaults to just one date for eg 30th Jan whenever the order is created. Its not the delivery date which is actually required by the customer. Its done because of some business requirement.

Now how important is it to have a correct RDD in the order to do a rule based location substitution in apo.

For eg:

Lets take DAY1- 15

I have couple of elements of receipts coming in during this horizon and increasing my stock in cumulative manner.

I have number of orders which are coming during this period but the RDD is 15th day

On the 5th day I have 100 qty available

Now I have a customer who needs a delivery on 5th day. and the RDD has been changed manually to 5th day.

System looks at the stock availability on that day.

My question is, can we create the delivery based on the new RDD.

If we re-atp the order, can we get the same confirmed quantity on that day coz there might be many other orders/demand which might be flowing in to grab that stock.

Do let me know if I am clear in explaining the scenario.

Thanks

Karan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

As you said, due to some business requirement you are changing the RDD of the Sales document in ECC using customized solution, the calculated RDD would be taken forward for ATP check. APO can understand only the RDD that is being passed to GATP system for Availability Checking purpose. So, if the business is OK to execute all the ATP processes as of the date that was determined by your custom solution, you should be good. Of course, if you're changing the dates to future or past relative to the actual RDD asked by the customer, there could be changes in the confirmation. Also, in the post you mentioned that "Can I create delivery for the changed RDD" ? Please note that deliveries are always created against the scheduled MBDAT. Because, there is a lot more processes involved between MBDAT and Final Delivery date in terms of picking, loading and transportation.

In your example, if there are 1000+ orders for 15th day and if there is a stock/receipt for 100PCs, and if you change the RDD for one of these 1000+ orders, system tries to do the availability check and the MBDAT falls in line with the stock/receipt element then, you would get the confirmation on 05th day. However, if you run BOP; system decides the confirmation based on the priorities. I request you test such scenarios in the system and present it to your customer to ensure that they are in line with what you're doing or proposing in terms of solutioning.

Hope this helps.

Babu Kilari

Answers (0)