cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Thought Leader Badges

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't suppose this is really going to enrich my life by knowing, but I'm curious 🙂

There are 4 badges:

- You're Popular

- Influencer

- Super Influencer

- Thought Leader

How can I have the first and the last, but not the middle two? Guessing they must have different metrics? Also the Missions page says there is a 5th community badge... which I don't think I've ever seen. Any ideas?

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Third is based on your popularity. (read:followers)

Fourth is based on your content's popularity. (read:likes/ratings)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, yuck. So you can get badges by following a bunch of people, waiting for them to follow you and then unfollowing them. That's nasty!

It would be very cool if these were modified in the next wave of SCN to be more contextual. I would create a formula for popularity...

Popularity = (Total Views + 100x Likes + 100x Bookmarks + 200x 5* + 500x Replies)

Maybe has a view on this 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, yuck. So you can get badges by following a bunch of people, waiting for them to follow you and then unfollowing them. That's nasty!

That is bait and switch.

Popularity = (Total Views + 100x Likes + 100x Bookmarks + 200x 5* + 500x Replies)

The likes from popular people can carry more weight in this formula.

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be you have done any Superb job and you jumped three step in a single shot.

But its a bug, Hope our Team will resolve this issue soon.. ..

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If we  assume the colors are important to group missions based on the same metrics, then you have already the answer why you can have the forth without the second and the third.

And the fifth community badge is just hidden in the missions, but the badge is visible. Just lookup the usual suspects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh... the Pay It Forward is the 5th.

Yes I guess you're right but look at the descriptions:

You're Popular: You are quite popular with other SCN members!

Influencer: Your content is attracting attention, and your work is influencing others. Prerequisite mission: I'm Popular!

Super Influencer: People don't want to miss your posts, they hang on your every word. Prerequisite mission: Influencer.

Thought Leader: You embody the qualities of a "thought leader" on SCN. Your content shines and you are recognized for the highest level of quality. Prerequisite level: Gold

You have to admit that based on that, being a Thought Leader and not an Influencer is a logical paradox

Anyhow like I said... it won't enrich my life, just curious.

John