cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong GL Entry to Deferred revenue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We are facing a typical issue. An invoice has been created with TNM material with an Item catagory TNM. But an accounting document is generated with an entry of Deferred revenue which will happen in case of revenue recognition. When I checked accounting determination in invoice, system is recognizing the right GL account. But while posting it is hitting to Deferred revenue account which is not supposed. I checked the Item catagory also. It has revenue recognition field as blank.

There is no clue how system is hitting to deferred revenue account only in accounting document.

Please help us out.

with regards,

S.Dayanand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you may be aware, Account Determination from SD will happen based on Account Key assigned in Pricing Procedure and its related combination in VKOA settings.  Please share screen shots of those.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue resolved.

Strange thing was eventhough an Item catagory(TNM) was not relavent for Revenue recognition, tables VBREVK and VBREVE got updated. I have asked my enduser to add one more line item and checked. It picked up the right GL account without updating Revenue recognition tables.

Thanks.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

Could you upload  analysis of Revenue account determination screenshot from Billing document ?

regards,

santosh