cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Certificate importing in Visual admin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create new ssl certificate in visual admin for netweaver 7.01. This is a EP system.  I went to Key store -> service_ssl.

In that i have created new entry called zsdspdv1 (with all details i.e. country, state, city, CN etc). Whiel creating entry, i have check marked

store certificate.

So i have now 2 entries : 1. zsdspdv1 (private key entry)   2.zsdspdv1-cert (certificate entry).

By keeping cursor on zsdspdv1, i have generated CSR request, then with that request i have generated certificate in CA (polaris).

Now i imported the certificate and able to see issuer name changed for private key zsdspdv1 as CN= polaris.

But  in 2nd entry (zsdspdv1-cert) i.e. certificate entry still issuer name is self.  Some one please let me know how to change the issuer name in certificate entry as well. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Somebody please help. Its urgent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harish

Issuer name will not change in the 2nd Certificate Entry as you did not get it signed with the CA. You just need to work only with your 1st Signed Certificate entry. Please continue with your configuration and leave this.

Thanks

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tapan,

for 2nd entry i am not able to generate CSR request. When i select 2nd entry, "Generate  CSR requets" is disabled. If i see the old entries, which are expired, i have issuer name polaris in both entries. Below is the screen shot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harish

You can create CSR request for a Private Key Certificate only (by the name of <name>). You cannot create CSR Request for Public Key Certificate (by the name of <name>-cert). It is working as designed.

Thanks,

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tapan.

But the if entry of issuer in certificate is not changed then will it work? And what are the further steps.

Becoz my old certificate entries have polaris in both private key entry and certificate entry.

Please help. And after this what are further steps. I have checked in browser, its still using old certificate.

Kind Regards,

Harish Desai