cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App servers /Instances on single DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Techies/Experts,

Please tell me how many Numbers of    App servers/Instances on the single Database

how many Central instances we can install on the server on Single DB

Thanks&Regards,

pavan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can install N number of application servers on your DBCI host, if you have sufficient resources.

Single CI is allowed for each SAP instance, so you can have single CI for each SAP instance.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nicky, Ravinder,

first of all thanks for the reply.

Actually what my doubt is after installing Central instance, how many Number of Instances ( Excluding Dialog Instances)  we can install in the Sap server . ( ie,. from  00---99 ? )

First time what we install that is called the  Central Instance Right.....?

like the same way How many Number of Central Instances we can install in the sap server..?

are my questions are clear..?

thanks,

pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Now there are majorly three type of instances.

1. Central Services Instance ( One and Only One per installation)

2. Primary Application Server

3. Additional Application Server. (Formerly Known as Dialog Instance)

You can have maximum 98 (00 - 97) AAS instance numbers. 98 and 99 are used for SMD and CCMS respectively.

Please let me know if this answers your question.

Thanks

Ravinder Pal Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravinder,

Thanks for the information.yes i've got some clarity

So, we can have  1. Central Instance, and around 97 Dialog Instances(AAS) on Single DB.

for Example. i've installed  1st Ecc6.0 with  sid ( EC6) in one Server. now i want to install ECC6.0 EHp4  (EH4)   and CRM7.0, ( CR7)   ...... soon  on same Server and Database by using SAPinst.exe.

like how many of above components we can install on same SAP Server is it Possible..?

if  i've  64GB of RAM, 4TB of Storage and high speed processors like i5,i7 etc....

thanks,

pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It all depends on your requirement and the Infra that allows.

Technically you can install N number of applications/components on single server.

And you can install N number of AASs in single host.

Ex: You can install 3 SAP systems (Each one with one CI and with 5 application servers on single machine).

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Can you be more specific with your question?

1. Are you looking for MCOD configuration

2. Or you are talking about installing AAS (Additional Application Server) on DB serverin distributed or HA environment.

If case 1. is true then you can have as many depending on hardware resources.

If case 2 is true then it is recommended not to install any application server on DB server.

Also each SAP installation can have one and only one Central Services Instance (Message Server)

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Ravinder Pal Singh