cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scheduled jobs stuck after a certain time

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using SAP MII 12.2 SP6 Patch 5 (20.12.2013).

We have many scheduled jobs with different time periods.

Most jobs are scheduled with a period of 10 or 20 seconds.

Our problem is that the jobs will run for a certain time (can be 2 hours, but as well 2 days) properly, but suddenly single jobs stuck and  we have to disable/enable the job to resume in running status.

SAP proposed to use latest MII release. First we used SAP MII 12.1 SP5 Patch 3. But the release upgrade to SAP MII 12.2 SP6 Patch 5 did not improve the situation!

Do you have any idea how to get rid of this problem?

Please provide your suggestions.

Thanks & Regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

We have faced this issue, the solution can be to reset the indexes at your DB; as your scheduled jobs are running is small intervals. This makes the performance of DB slow which in turn results scheduled jobs to get stuck.

Resetting your indexes at the DB level will improve your application's performance considerably. Preferably, indexes should be reset quite often in your case to ensure your jobs are not stuck.

Regards

R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Sometimes these kind of issue's arise due to DB dump.. do have a re look at interactions to DB side.. you may get your answer analyzing it ...

Thanks

Ruchir

Nikhil_Makhija
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take a look at Memory consumption angle , if any node is eating memory more than usual and you may also need to look at associated hardware upgrade accordingly.

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I read about a similar issue in the Administrative Handbook of MII.

Have a look at page 9.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/15603/SAP%20MII%20Handbook.pdf?version=2&modificat...

In this page there is mention of an issue where asynchronous transactions get stuck.

Also there a not is mentioned for the resolution of the problem.

Note No: 1959717

You could also check this thread:

Regards,

Rohit Negi.

former_member246543
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am also facing the same issue. This issue happens when the MII server is rebooted or restarted. The Status of the scheduler remain as Running(Green). and to reflect the correct status, we need to disable/enable the job.

MII Version is 12.2.4.96.

Thanks and regards,

Sanjeev Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

thanks for the hint - I checked both but it doesn't fit, the Thread-Monitor everytime looks fine and fare away from 75%

Also the additional information that in the job planer the status of the job is still running, so it might be that the system doesn't noticed the end of the job!?

Do you have any additional idea?

Thanks in advance and regards

Steffi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

in our System is isn't related to a reboot or restart of the system and up to now we can't see any relating actions or situations.

Thanks and regards

Steffi

former_member204240
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefanie,

Is it only one particular job struck all time, Or is it like a random job.

If it is one particular job means, can we know what that job does, whether it has an ERP API's or just any DB insert or what kind.

If it is one particular job means, may be u need to check on programming end as well

Check on DB size , if your transaction is doing any command query.

Or any ABAP table which might be missing index's or taking more time to do the operation.

Regards,

Padma Rao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Padma,

we have now started to protocoll all restarted Jobs for one week completly, we have allready a file  but not all had been entered into starting in August 2013.

Up to now it is not one special job.

The analyse on the existing file - we have restartet 76 jobs to the shopfloor system, 4 jobs to the SAP R3 and 15 internal jobs like putlogEntries, routebuffered and also incl. 1 clear Message Archive 😞

You mentioned something with the programming, but then I would think about a general problem and not a sometimes upcoming problem!?

I will anylyse for details and will come back to you.

First - many thanks for your responce

Greetings Steffi

former_member204240
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefanie,

As mentioned by you, there are lot of jobs running.

So I can say you may also have to check on many other possibility,

1. If there is many jobs using same resource in parallel, In that case one job waiting for other job to complete.

2. Also what is the time duration of each job. Whether your transaction is able to finish that job within that time frame. If not this may put the other jobs on wait and may go to next schedule and you can see lot of delay.

3. Database size has become very high so any insert or update or select operation may be taking more time.

4. In any RFC interface jobs check whether you are taking status back to MII after the successful execution of RFC.

You can make use of sm50 Tcode to see the running jobs in ERP, so that you can analyse what time it is taking.

I suggest to raise an OSS ticket so that you can get quick fix.

Thanks,

Padma Rao