cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP 4.7 to Tally Data Transfer through RFC/IDoc

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am working on a requirement where the customer wants to sync the SAP material master data(Example: Material Code, Unit of Measure, Description etc) with Tally. This update should happen online, like if any new material is created or if there is change in existing material data then a RFC/IDoc should be triggered to TALLY with the required data and the same should be updated in TALLY.

I have never worked in SAP to TALLY integration. So i tried searching in SDN but didn't found much information to start with.

I have few doubts:

1. Is this can be achieved by a RFC FM ? If yes, then how does TALLY system handles this data ? Is it same as how it works like Web services call ?

2. Customer does not want any development in the TALLY side, so is there a way we can update the data directly in TALLY through RFC FM.

I thank you in advance for the support.

Best Regards,

Ranjan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In all honesty I have no idea what Tally is, but this question is not really system specific.

There is a standard SAP functionality to distribute material master changes using IDocs and change pointers. This is a very basic scenario, you'll find lots of information online. Perhaps you were searching with Tally keyword, but it's not the right way to go.

Howevere, there is kind of a problem with your second question because the standard solution just generates IDocs and those can be either sent to another SAP system directly or converted to a file, etc. It would be up to the partner system to receive this data and process. If you want SAP to actually update another system directly (which doesn't seem like a good idea) then this would require custom ABAP development. This could depend on what Tally is though.

P.S. How is this related to SD?

Answers (0)