cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to compile custom jar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I have a requirement where I need  to modify a custom jar (already  existing) , change some codes and redeploy back in ESO server .  The process we followed is -

1) downloaded ESOSERVER.EAR file from server and  extracted the jar files

2) imported the files throw java editor as a project

3) changed the java codes in custom java file 

However , while compiling  and making .class file in editor, I can see that the relevant changes are not reflected in the file . For testing this - we again de-compile the class file to a java file and can not see the changes .

Can someone throw some light -what we are missing here ?

Thanks

Sudipta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure I fully understand the issue here. For a custom jar, you should have the source code to build the jar and should not rely on extracting it from the esoserver.ear file.  Is this a standalone custom jar that you developed or are you trying to modify an existing jar with customizations? If it is the latter then it is not appropriate for this forum.

Regards,

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary

This custom jar has has been developed by us . It's used to transfer the data from ECC-> ESO  via web service to create Master Agreement in CLM . However , due to some business reason , we don't have the original source code . As an alternative , We tried to download the EAR file from ESO server and extracted .

The problem we are facing is -  when we did some changes in the custom jar file and trying to compile back , the changes we made are not reflecting in class file .

For testing this - we again de-compiled the class file to a java file and can not see the changes .

Can you suggest anything - SOSERVER.EAR is the only one file which contains all the standard and custom codes or we have any other file ? 

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

The original custom jar itself may also be located in the <homedir>/custom directory. This is where the configuration utility would place it prior to being built in to the ear file and ultimately the SCA file.  I can't comment further on your ability to build a new jar however keep in mind once you do you should go back to the configure utility to rebuild the deployment package (.SCA)  The old deployment should be completely undeployed before trying to deploy the new one.

Regards,

Gary