Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

batch char value updation in case of inspection points

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to understand how the batch charactrisitc value get updated from inspection lot MIC results in case inspection lot with inspection points ( inprocess inspection scenario)...

Consider a quantitative MIC with limits 90% to 110%...it is used in inspection lot and lot got generated with four inspection points... for inspection points I have made the Results Recording as follows...

Inspection point 1. : 98%

Inspection point 2. : 102%

Inspection point 3. :  99%

Inspection point 4. : 101%

Now this MIC is having assigned a Class characteristic in that...Now in the above case what value gets updated in Batch class char....

Can somebody help me out...

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depends on the setting for the inspection point identifier used.

For 03 lots only, (in-process), in configuration for the inspection point identifier you will find a check box something like "Last inspection points is valid".

If you check that, the last inspection point should be on the batch record.

If you do not check that, there is another field there there for "number of inspection points".  In here you specify how many inspection points to use in a rolling average.  If you specify 3, the value on the batch record will be the average of the last 3 inspection points, (or 2 or 1 if three are not available).  Once you have more than 3, they earlier inspection points will be dropped from the average and a new average calculated with each new inspection point.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

In short, last result saved will flow to batch. Try a test case as Nitin suggested & you 'll see similar results.

KJ

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I once tested a similar scenario and following is what I observed,

• You enter results one by one as per the inspection points. Then in the batch value, final value is updated to the characteristics. in this case it would be 101 %
  • As soon as you open other inspection point, let say insp point 2 in this case, and save it again, 102% would be updated.

Pl run a test scenario and see what happens. Pl come up with the observations. If something else happens, I'll test it again.

ntn