cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recalculate the net value of an invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon,

I have the following requirement. A material has different prices dependent on quantity. I have set those up in t/code VK12 in a custom pricing condition similar to PR00.

A customer can purchase different quantities which will appear on different sales orders with a unit price dependent on the quantity purchased.

At month-end when the customer is invoiced, we need to adjust the net amount of the invoice based on the total quantity purchased.

For example:

To 10 units, $10 per unit

To 100 units, $9 per unit for all units

Over 100, $8 per unit for all units.

Order 1 for 10 units so 10 x $10 = $100

Order 2 for 100 units so 100 x $9 = $900

Invoice for 110 units so 110 x $8 = $880

The adjustment should only occur for that material. Other materials should not impact the net amount.

Please advise how this can achieved. Thank you.

Best regards,

Pascal.

PS: sorry if this is trivial but I am not an SD person.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
At month-end when the customer is invoiced, we need to adjust the net amount

Already given suggestion will work only if it is invoiced then and there.  From your comments, I presume, invoice would be generated regularly in a month and at the month end, you need to adjust the value to the extent of quantity lifted.

If my understanding is correct, then I would recommend you to go with Credit Memo functionality which is simple, straight and can be achieved with standard configuration

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear G.,

In the public sector we are really averse to raising credit memos, I am afraid. We need to get it right the 1st time. Surely there must be a way. Thank you anyway.

Best regards,

Pascal.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have not responded to my query as to whether billing would be generated on a regular basis or only during month end.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear G.,

In your previous reply, you confirmed your understanding of my question in terms of monthly invoicing at month end and you stated that we should use credit memos which we do not want to use. I am thus not sure what else I need to advise.

Best regards,

Pascal.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use Scales in the Pricing conditions

Pricing Scales - Pricing and Conditions (SD-BF-PR) - SAP Library

Please go through the help and revert if you find any issue

thanks

santosh