cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM LIST GUIBB - 1st Dropdown value sel. sets the value for 2nd dropdown enumeration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have 2 dropdowns in my LIST view configuration and they are working fine.

Problem I am having:

When user selects the 1st dropdown in row X, I want the values of 2nd dropdown in row X to change.

If I update CT_FIELD_USAGE-FIXED_VALUES in GET_DATA it obviously updates the entire table dropdown values. I want to be able to change only the row values for 2nd dropdown.

I can do this easily in WebDynpro ALV but I want to achieve this by using IF_FPM_GUIBB_LIST.

Regards,

Abhinav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ulrich_miller
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

good news. Such a feature (i. e. a column with a DDLB (drop down listbox) having different
value sets for each row) has just been developed. It will be available starting SAP_UI 7.40, support

package 8.

Here a short description how it will work, i. e. what a developer need to do in order to make this

run:

1. Feeder class method get_definition, parameter et_field_desctiption: Add an entry here for
    the column that should have DDLB with distinct value sets. Fill at least the following
    attributes: NAME = id of the column, FIXED_VALUES_IS_ROW_SPECIFIC = abap_true.

2. Feeder class method get_data, parameter IO_EXTENDED_CTRL. Call this method:
    GET_VALUE_SET_HANDLER(). It retrieves an object of type IF_FPM_LIST_ATS_VALUE_SET.
    Now just call the necessary methods of this objects. I assume the methods of this
    objects should be more or less self explanatory.

Kind regards,

Ulrich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich,

Good to know we have this option available with SAPUI_7.4, SP8.

Thanks for the information.

Regards,

Abhinav

vishal_deshpande
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have the same requirement in List UIBB and used the above solution. Row specific fixed values are displayed in the drop-down list for each specific cell. User can select any value from the drop-down and that value is set to that cell.

But if the value of particular cell is fetched from database (no user intervention), that database value is not displayed.

what may be the reason ?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

arshad_ansary2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

You can set an event id in the configuration when the user changes the Drop down in the first column and store the lead index and values in the some static attribute in the feeder class  and in the Get data method  you can manipulate the CT_DATA parameter value for this index for that particular column

regards

Arshad

ulrich_miller
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arshad,

I don't think this will help.   The main problem that Abhinav is facing is this: There is a certain

column and the cells of that column are made up of DDLBs. Now Abhinav wants to achieve that

e. g. in the second row the DDLB has a different value set than the one in first row.

This was indeed until now technically not feasable with FPM List UIBB. But as I said in my last

reply (May 8, 2014 3:34 PM), it will possible with SP8.

Kind regards,

Ulrich

PS: Abhinav please correct me, if I got it wrong.

0 Kudos

please anyone tell me the solution of that problem in detail

like i have one DD column country and another DD column currency

i want to set currency automatically according to country selection

please reply as soon as possible

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

As I understood you want to have different values sets for one column in different rows. If it is so as I know it is not supported in FPM list.

Kind regards, Aliaksandr.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aliaksandr,

Thanks! but I still think it must be possible somehow in FPM.

Will try and see if I can find a way.

Regards,

Abhinav

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

I will try to explain my assumption on example.

Example:

I have list with two column: C1 (drop down) and C2 (input field). I want to make fields in column C2 read-only in depending on selected value in field C1 in the same row. As a result in the table I can have several rows where state of fields in column C2 will be read-only and several in editable state.

For realizing this scenario I will use additional field (for example CR2) in data structure which will be marked in ET_FIELD_DESCRIPTION parameter (GET_DEFINITION method in IF_FPM_GUIBB_LIST interface) as READ_ONLY_REF for column C2. This field will allow me dynamically change state of fields in column C2.

As a result scenario with different values sets in drop down lists must be realized by the similar approach. But as you can check ET_FIELD_DESCRIPTION parameter does not have FIXED_VALUES_REF attribute.

P.S. Of course you can get access to dynamically created context of component configuration on which list based on and realize your requirement as in simple WebDynpro component. But this is some kind of hack.

Kind regards, Aliaksandr.

0 Kudos

please anyone tell me the solution of that problem in detail

like i have one DD column country and another DD column currency

i want to set currency automatically according to country selection

please reply as soon as possible

0 Kudos

i got the ans. by using debugger agn n agn