Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conten type in Seeburger

Akhil_Sun
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I receive an order from one of our customer when I send functional ack back I configured in PI system the content type as application/edi.

But when I look in the seeburger it contains content type as application/pkcs7-mime; smime-type=enveloped-data; name=smime.p7m

Due to this our customer not able to read the control message.

Can anyone please let me know where the problem is why it is showing different content type even though I configured as application/edi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

application/pkcs7-mime; smime-type=enveloped-data; name=smime.p7m

means that the message (MIMIE message transferred via HTTP) has a specific S/MIMI-Type.

=> probably you have transferred the message in encrypted version.

So, once your partner decrypts the message (and gets rid of the higher-level MIME version) he should be able to access the real edi part.

Can you let me know, what kind of error your partner has when he is receiving the file ?

And can you confirm which Adapter you are using (probably AS2) ?

KInd Regards

Stefan

Akhil_Sun
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Sorry for late reply..I was testing in different ways

The first thing is our customer is using TIBCO system and we Seeburger whenever we receive order (ENCOM2002) we send back functional ack.

So the configuration part in PI system as below

1.       payload signed  SHA-1

2.       payload encrypted 3DES

3.       MDN Synchronous

4.       MDN is signed SHA-1

from both the ends.

Issues

1) If our customer uncheck the encryption and send messages then he can see the control message with content as application/edifact and its working fine 

2) But when he send with encryption the control message contains content type as application/pkcs7-mime; smime-type=enveloped-data; name=smime.p7m

The log from customer end is like below

Content-Type: application/pkcs7-mime; smime-type=enveloped-data; name=smime.p7m

Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=smime.p7m

Disposition-Notification-Options: signed-receipt-protocol=optional, pkcs7-signature; signed-receipt-micalg=optional, sha1

Since content type is appearing as pkc7 he was not able to decrypt the data

3) But when I send through RWB by its own I can see the content type as what I mentioned in comm channel which is application/edifact and I can see in SEEBURGER MONI and our customer can decrypt the data

I tried with different content type as well like

1) application/edifact 

2) application/edi

3) application/PKCS7-mime

Can you please let me know what I am missing in our config.

Akhil_Sun
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All, 

We sloved the issue in the mapping at S_UNZ Segment.

we created dyn conf and mapped to S_UNZ and we missed dtAS2ContentType in dyn mapping that is why in seeburger moni we saw content type as pkc7.

We added  DynamicConfigurationKey.create("http://seeburger.com/xi/AS2","dtAS2ContentType"); in dyncong and all gud.

Thanks for all your suggestions

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Akhil_Sun
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I receive file in EANCOM2002 format so when I send functional ack back I tried with different content type as
1) application/edifact

2) application/edi

3) application/PKCS7-mime

4) application/EDI-X12

Sorry Harish I was not able to attach screenshot but by default it is picking as

content type = application/pkcs7-mime; smime-type=enveloped-data; name=smime.p7m when I looked at seeburger moni.

I tried in all different ways in configuration like

1) encryption/without encryption

2) sign/without sign

3) MDN/NO MDN

But still no luck

We have other interface with AS2 and they working fine.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue might be related to other configuration (other then content type), so you need to check if you are having any issue in channel configuration.

Do you have other interfaces for same B2B partner

If yes then you need similar setup or configuration. Please provide your sender channel configuration detail.

regards,

Harish

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The below blog and document will help you to identify the problem with configuration

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d095b2df-9fa3-2d10-568b-d12d99828...

please providem detail (screenshot) of seeburger message monitoring to give more inputs.

regards,

Harish

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - Can you try with application/edifact

Content Type - The content type should be set. A random content type can be set, but we recommend one of the following

= "application/edifact" for EDIFACT files

= "application/edi-x12" for ANSI X.12 files

= "application/xml" for XML files

= "text/plain" for plain text files

= "application/octet-stream" for arbitrary binary files