cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone has worked on 7.4 dual Stack(ABAP+JAVA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Our customer is installing PI 7.4 dual stack, due to some requirement. I read from SAP help, the below statement.

"As an exception to the overall rule SAP NetWeaver PI dual-stack will be supported in SAP NetWeaver 7.4. Recommendation to migrate SAP NetWeaver PI content into SAP NetWeaver PI Java single stack (Advanced Adapter Engine Extended) whenever featurewise possible".

Questions

1- Has anyone faced any challenges while developing scenarios on 7.4 dual stack?

2- How about the ABAP proxy configuration for the synchronous scenario like ABAP proxy to HTTP_AAE, any changes from PI 7.3 dual stack or still the same?

3- what is the best practice for Pipeline processing? which one shall we utilize among the three(classical , ICO and Iflow) . As we know ICO and Iflow is better in-terms of performance, however considering my scenarios(mostly ABAP proxy to HTTP_AAE synchronious ) which pipeline processing shall I use?

4- Please suggest me if any other points do I need to keep in mind before starting my development on 7.4 dual Stack(ABAP+JAVA).

Thanks for your help and suggestion.

Thanks,

Farhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

1. Yes, we used dual-stack installation option of PI 7.4 and haven't yet faced any significant challenges when developing scenarios there (e.g. in comparison to developing scenarios in PI 7.3x, the approach and process is very identical).

2. Configuration of mentioned scenarios is the same is it is in PI 7.3 dual-stack.

3. In case of ABAP proxy and Java HTTP adapter utilization, it would be generally recommended to use Java-only processing (thus, Integrated Configuration for dual-stack installation option of PI) unless you have any ABAP mappings / BPM processes in those scenarios that would make Java-only scenario configuration impossible. Integration Flows are not available in dual-stack installation option of PI 7.3x/7.4.

4. Generally speaking, Java based PI functionality in release 7.4 re-uses features of 7.31 (refer to the statement provided in the SAP Note 1515223: "For SAP NetWeaver PI, releases 7.31 and 7.4 do share the same Java code line") and enhances them - so those rules that were applicable for scenarios development in PI 7.3, should be all considered when working with PI 7.4.

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank a lot Vadim Klimov for your quick reply. you have answered my all question. Unfortunately we can not go on Java only option as of now.

Thanks again

Regards,

Farhan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

As you have worked on PI 7.4(dual-stack), Do u also have coding guidelines for the same??

If you have it, can you please provide it to me.

My mail-id : aarti.tiwary@gmail.com

Regards,

Aarti