cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Loads Failing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are building a new IdM system (7.2 SP8)

I have done the following and they are all OK:

• Installed and configured the system
  • Created the connection Strings
  • Setup up the repositories (ABAP and JAVA)
  • Read in the repositories
  • Built Business Roles(IdM roles) based the back-end roles

Now when I'm trying to map the Business Roles to Positions(also IdM role) the load is failing with the following error:

The load job was able to setup some positions with business roles but not all. The load job reads the Position and Business role info from a file.

From the database point of view. We have restarted the database, compressed the database and the DBA has advised us that there is plenty of space on the server and the database is set to auto grow.

Has anyone experience this in the past?

Your suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

KV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Peter,

Issue has been resolved after shrinking the transaction log file for the database.

Cheers!

KV

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My admittedly somewhat dodgey memory says that mxi_structure_root is a generated table of all assignments that tells IDM where it gets the inherited roles/privs from (so it doesn't have to calculate on the fly I assume).  Its regenerated regularly by a stored procedure (iirc when a new assignment is done).  However, I have seen it become corrupt to the point where it just kept adding and was never cleared.  The table ended up being a couple of gig and we ended up truncing the table and letting it start again.  We also found that it was usually failing on a particular role or privilege...

Make sure that IDM has the rights to this table (not being able to do things can look a lot like out of space) and that the table itself isn't outrageously large.  You can also limit the number of records you're pushing through at once while you diagnose.  If it fails on 1 record, you have a big problem somewhere...

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible that you have have a loop or some other problem with the role/privilege structure you're loading? Does it take a long time to process before it gets to this point?

I also suggest you create a CSS ticket to have someone look at it. There was an update to the procedure generating/updating this table in November last year, so its possible though that one of the later SP8 patches has improvements to this.

Edit: It would be patch 3.

Br,

Per Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Per,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The load processes around 1400 records and then it slows down before failing. I had a look at the data in the load but i wasn't able to notice any issues.

I have used a different load job build Business Roles(IdM roles) based the back-end(ABAP) roles and it worked well.

I have used the same create load job to all the positions and it worked fine.

Thanks for your suggestions, I will try them.

KV