cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign a default values profile in the Inspection Characteristics - QM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I would like to assign a default values profile in the Inspection Characteristics - QM.

I've created a new profile in the tcode OQ85, in this new profile I've defined to the system characteristic numbering in 2 in 2, but when I'm creating the characteristics in the inspection plan the system still have the standard behavior (numbering the field "Inspection Characteristic Number" 10 in 10).

What's is missing to the system respect the new profile?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leonardo,

You have to Enter Profile at input screen of QP01 while creating an inspection plan. If it is not entered here then system will consider standard numbering i.e. 0010, 0020, 0030 .....

Once you enter profile here, Characteristics numbering will look like this.

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Is there another way to set this automatically? Actually I'm programming a exit to insert new characteristics (unplanned) into an existing inspection lot and the standard numbering (10 - 10) is a restriction because I have a lot of charact.

Thanks!

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leonardo,

I hope it is working for you and now numbering starts with 2,4,6 . ..

Now the issue is automatic entry of Profile; actually the way mentioned in my previous post is the standard way to enter Profile. you will have to update a program used for creating inspection plans (BDC/LSMW), There you can make this field as Constant. Consult with your Abaper.

Moreover you can also set characteristic numbering in 1 in 2 so that characteristics will be numbered as 1,2,3,4 ..  . .

Amol. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol,

Yes, using transactions it's perfect. Unfortunately won't be possible to use a BDC/LSMW because the only way (which I know) to insert  unplanned characteristics is in the results entry and on this screen there isn't the field "profile".

Aditionally I'm not finding any BAPI to insert the unplanned characteristics.

Leo.

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Comment about BDC/LSMW was for QP01, not for Results screen.

Yes, Profile will not be available on results screen. and unplanned MICs will have Numbers from "8000". you can change this numbering from QCC0>"Maintain settings at Client Level"

Earlier you mentioned, you are programming an exit for inserting unplanned Characteristics,

Can you elaborate what exactly you are programming?

If you want to enter Unplanned characteristics in MASS, this would be a complicated job to do. At least I possess very little knowledge about this.

Amol.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could try and create a PID default in the user parameters.

The Parameter ID for Profile field is PIN.

This might work.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

I've tried the PID creation, but to insert the unplanned characteristics I have to access the tcode QE01 or QE11 and on these transactions there isn't any impact because the field "profile" doesn't exist.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amol,

I didn't find a perfect solution and in the end I've applied your suggestion, I set the unplanned characteristics starting in 1.000.

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member554321
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Leonardo,

In OQ85,Assign following values in your new profile,

Char.increment = 2

Ch.insrt incr. =2

and try

Regards,