cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI adapter to talk with multiple raw socket servers (TCP/IP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im involved in a project where multiple devices (essentially running raw socket servers) need to pass their information through PI into ECC. Previously I have bound the socket servers using a Java desktop application and passed the data via JCO directly into ECC - now Im looking for a better way.

Ive heard talk of Seeburger being able to bind Raw sockets - but haven't seen proof of this and cant seem to find any documentation to these ends.

Ive seen talk on the forums around writing a servlet or something similar to connect to the socket servers and pass the data into integration via file or some other means but management of the connections and maintaining the connections strikes me a problematic.

Ive thought that a custom adapter could be written to do this work but the idea of writing a custom adapter does not excite me ...

Whats the best solution ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard -

Are you referring to the OFTP_TCP adapter ? If so as part of the B2B add on SAP has released the OFTP adapter which can communicate over the TCP protocol.

Please refer to below blog -

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20dc073e-ed91-2f10-7fb3-f9a6f5bcc...

And you might have already gone through the below blog as all the discussion on socket integration leads to it -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately my reading of the OFTP adapter seems to say that it wont work for my situation.

Ive read the socket integration in a UDF blog before and whilst its works for their particular use case it wont work for mine..

I need to maintain a persistent connection to the socket servers waiting for data to come through, these servers will be online constantly and be pushing data to the connected clients (in PI hopefully). Like a simple 1 way chat server ....

To clarrify....

I want to connect to several socket servers from PI and constantly wait for data to be "advertised" by them. then put the data in the stream into integration. There wll most likely be data coming from the servers every couple of seconds. So i need PI to bind the socket and just wait for information to come down the line. This is a real time/live event based integration.

It maybe Im missing some key peice of information but when working through this before with a Java desktop application, I started my client - connected to the server and then sat there watching data dribble through and display on my screen (constantly)...