Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASN - Document Flow Update (VL33N)

former_member235471
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Presently we are using VL31N Tcode for creation of Inbound Delivery (IBD). And the Goods Receipt is posted against the IBD in MB0A Tcode via IDOC. In this approach we have an option to post Partial Goods Receipt against the IBD. Now the problem is the document flow is not getting updated against the IBD. In the Document flow, the IBD is appearing as completed. But there is no GR linked to it.

I have made the setting as per the note:1050944

• In transaction SRPO: Logistics Execution -> Shipping -> Basic Shipping Functions -> Configure Global Shipping Data The "Document Flow Update" indicator must be set
  • In the IMG, choose Logistics Execution -> Shipping -> System Modifications -> Specify Characteristics for System Messages. The Message VLA 308, 312 is defined to ignore the error message.

After this setting, i got the below results during testing

• Post Partial Qty in MB0A against IBD - Got Hard Error as VLA312 and stops further processing
  • Post Over-Delivery in MB0A against IBD - Got Hard Error as VLA312 and stops further processing
  • Post the exact Qty - The GR is posted and the Docuement flow gets updated successfully.

Please help me to modify the setting to allow Partial Delivery without any error

Thanks,

Baskar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you set the Document flow update then it will not allow you to post partial goods receipt.One inbound delivery one GR.As per std sap you can not expect two material documents against one inbound delivery.

If you set abpove indicator system will not allow you post partial goods receipt in any one transaction.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per std. SAP, I guess there are only 2 possible solutions if you set the doc.flow update indicator for IBD.

Either you receive the full qty in the GR against IBD so that your doc. flow is updated without any error or in case of partial receipts better you create separate IBD's so that separate GR can be posted against each IBD.

Thanks,