Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

masterrole and derived role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the diffrence between masterrole and derivedrole.can any one give me example how it will define in authorizations with example to easily understand.

assigned full points.

Thanku

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kiran,

Check this link.

http://www.sapsecurityonline.com/tutorials/create_derived_role.htm

Here how to create a derived role is presented. if u observe carefullly you have to enter the values for ORG levels both the times. Thats the only difference.

The ORG levels of the master role is different from the ORG levels you maintain in the child or derived roles.

So the rest of the things are coimoon like the Authorization object values, ACTVT values the TCODES etc etc....

so any time u need to add a new Tcode to the master role just press derive it to child roles and it gets into the child roles automtically...you dont have to get into individual roles to make this change....

hope it is helpful.... else revert back..

i can send u the doc on this..

VBr,

Sri

Award points for the post if helpful.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kiran,

Check this link.

http://www.sapsecurityonline.com/tutorials/create_derived_role.htm

Here how to create a derived role is presented. if u observe carefullly you have to enter the values for ORG levels both the times. Thats the only difference.

The ORG levels of the master role is different from the ORG levels you maintain in the child or derived roles.

So the rest of the things are coimoon like the Authorization object values, ACTVT values the TCODES etc etc....

so any time u need to add a new Tcode to the master role just press derive it to child roles and it gets into the child roles automtically...you dont have to get into individual roles to make this change....

hope it is helpful.... else revert back..

i can send u the doc on this..

VBr,

Sri

Award points for the post if helpful.

0 Kudos

Hi raghu,

I didnt get the clear idea about this.when ur going to create master and derived roles.

myid:kumar44_basis@yahoo.co.in

Thanku

0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

You might be unclear about the scenario when a Master role is created and when a Child role is created. I would explain with a small example.

I am working for a company ABC for instance... and it would have for instance take 3 company codes under it for financial purposes.

So while creating the authorization concept, i would create in the below manner.

Once i get the SOD matrix,, that these Tcodes have to be in one role and its called BUYER etc etc..then i go ahead to create master roles.

Firstly i would create a SINGLE role which is called the master role and would have a typical naming for it. Like

Z_S_MAST_BUYER_ROLE. here i add all the related tcodes to this role and similarly create other roles as well... here i make sure thwords MAST are in role to differentiate it from child roles.

Then while i create its child role ( here you can refer to the method explained in the link in eaerlier post) i add this Z_S_MAST_BUYER_ROLE in the Derived from field....

I would obviously name my new child role as Z_S_COMPANY1_BUYER_ROLE.

similarly i would create Z_S_COMPANY2_BUYER_ROLE adn so on...

so at the end of the day, i can have COMPANY 1 related Organizational values like plant,Divisions,Group etc in COMPANY 1 role And COMPANY 2 values in COMPANY 2 role....

In this way i have different roles but a common thread to update them....

Hope it has got some light on your query,..

get back with ur questions in case ...

VBr,

Sri

Award points for helpful answers