cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility to assign Abap Names in GWPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

i use GWPA to model my OData Services, but i find it rather inconvenient when reimporting my model in SEGW that all my given Abap field names are reset to their Service pendants. Anyone know a solution for this?

Regards

Mathias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am on SP7 and tried to simulate this.

I created a test Entity based on SPFLI structure. I could see the structure name SPFLI in the "ABAP Structure Name" against the entity and its properties had the "ABAP Field Name" populated with structure fields names.

I imported this into Eclipse and added an additional property and then re-imported the XML into SEGW. I was able to see the additional property and all the properties retained the "ABAP Field Name" with the structure field names. However, the "ABAP Structure Name" at the Entity level was empty.

Cheers,

Murali.

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

With SP8 we added a check whether a new property that has been added is part of the ABAP Structure that has been bound to an entity type.

Cheers

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

First thanks for the replies. Maybe i clarify what i do. I designed via GWPA an EDM which i imported into GW. I starteted implementing(and changing the Abapfield Names e.g. Entitykey was ObjekID abap field was hrobjid )stuff and in the process realized that my EDM needed correction, so i changed it and re-imported it(Full Import). Just to realize that all my Abapfieldnames where overwriten(as  excpected by a full Import). Anyway, the Question is "Can i define in GWPA my Abapfieldnames" via Anotations or something like that?

Regards

Mathias

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

no, unfortunately it is not possible to define in GWPA your ABAP field names.

Best Regards,

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is a shame, but thanks for your input. Is this planed for future releases?

Regards

Mathias

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

when you say reimport, does that mean that you have created the OData model initially using the Service Builder and that you have maintained such a model by adding additional artefacts (e.g. by adding an association or a new entity type) or by changing existing artefacts (for example by adding a field to an entity type) and that you perform a reimport of the changed model afterwards ?

Which SP are you using?

Best Regards,

Andre