cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embargo Block

Former Member

Hi experts,

Hrere's the situation. My company wants to block  several embargo countries. In VE53 I have checked the box "Embargo" for target countries. However when I try to create the SO or Delivery nothing happens, the system allows me to do it all.

We do not have GTS module and I do not want to go into blocking customers or materials etc. Can it be done on strictly the country of destination basis?

Any ideas, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This question has been asked before, here is another old post:

https://scn.sap.com/thread/2141209

We use a user exit to check for restricted countries. I'm not sure about the Embargo field, but if I knew about every field in SAP that doesn't work or works not as expected, I'd probably be very, very rich.

You could also send a message to SAP that the field is not working, let them really work for their maintenance fees.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think, without GTS, with the standard configuration, this can be achieved.  You have to try with any of the following exits,

• USEREXIT_READ_DOCUMENT in the program MV45AFZZ
  • USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAK in the program MV45AFZB

where you can validate VBPA table for the field LAND1 and hardcode those countries which you dont want sales to happen.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Lakshmipathy,

I think you are right. I have done al the settings but still can create the SO and Delivery to embargocountry without being blocked. Why do they have the "Embargo" flag then?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Why do they have the "Embargo" flag then?

Like this, there are tons of questions which nobody can answer.  Only SAP can answer as to why they added those fields or why they have given some functionality.  I presume, if you make use of all the fields provided by SAP, then you wont consider going for additional enhancement as like in your case, GTS and then, how SAP will develop their business .   

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please go through the link

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1132562

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the tip, but it does not address the issue that I have. It talks about bloking the export based on the material and license.