cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start Forecast Bucket in ATP Bucket Parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's

Can some one explain me what is the use of Start Forecast Bucket field imply to and how the time is being calculated?

Thanks,

Nihar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nihar

I am not sure if I have understood your question. Where do you see Start Forecst field - could you please share the path/screenshot?

Thanks,

Prasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasun,

There are many options to go through that but let me put it simple.

go to Product view(/SAPAPO/RRP3), under ATP tab you can find ATP Buckets button.

Thanks,

Nihar

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nihar,

I think you're talking about time buckets which is usually configured to decide the bucket strategy to shift the receipts and issues.Similarly, we do have an option for Forecast time bucket settings. Though I do not have practical working experience on this option, I think this would be correlated with the Forecast check that you decide to do against the Planned Independent Requirements ( PIRs ). You need to enable the Check against Forecast in Check Instructions tab. I think this would align the PIRs based on the shift hours that you maintain here and consume the same by the incoming demand elements.

You may want to take a look at the below post. It explains how Check against forecast works, but regarding the bucket strategy it is as same receipts and issues as explained above

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3436787

Hope I have been able to answer your question

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Thanks for the detailed answer.

Can you please tell me where can I find Forecast time bucket settings?

Thanks,

Nihar

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nihar,

Three steps :-

1) Create a bucket Id  using Advanced Planning and Optimization-> Global Available-to-Promise (Global ATP)-> Maintain Global Settings for Availability Check->ATP Buckets

2) Assign this bucket Id to the ATP group  using Advanced Planning and Optimization-> Global Available-to-Promise (Global ATP)->Product Availability Check->Maintain ATP Group->ATP Bucket ID

3) Enable Check against forecast in check instructions using Advanced Planning and Optimization->Global Available-to-Promise (Global ATP)->General Settings->Maintain Check Instructions-> Enable the Forecast check as one of the steps for availability check depending on your business requirement as shown below in the screenshot.

I am sure with this information, you can setup an example and test this to know more about it.

Hope I have been of some help to you.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Thanks for your quick reply and giving details about Check against forecast!

Can you also please look at the question I have raised in a different thread.