cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

homogeneous system copy on Oracle x86_64

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There

I am doing a homogeneous system copy from Oracle 9i, 32bit,Win 2003 , 4.7 Ext 1.10 to  4.7 Ext1.10, Oracle 11g 64bit, win 2008 R2.

It is done just for upgrade purposes and not a permanent installation.  I have done a export of the database(source system) successfully and now I get a error message which I cannot pass When installing the target system. The central instance installation of Target system went through fine, however the Database instance gives me a error message on the phase : Database Instance Parameter. The system does not display the Oracle Home ie the database home field (with the drop down) is empty in this screen.If I click next I then get the error message. I have change the Oracle home parameter on environment variable and still I do not see any displayed variable.

I found similar notes 919106 and 967121 to my error but they are not able to fix my issue. When I look at the sapinst_dev log file at the end, the error message is : sapdataHome is empty after dialog. The above notes have this issue but does not answer /fix it.

Can you kindly assist.

Regards,

Prince

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It happened to me once, as far i remember i had to modify the control.xml file to force the path of the Oracle home. In the sapinst_dev.log you may find the line with the error, check it and insert the path of the oracle home.

Regards,

Michael

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Could you supply the error message and the trace logs please.

Regards

RB