cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 731 Dual Stack CTC setup question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently running the CTC wizard and noticing allot of users and profiles being created in client 001 and 000.

I already created a client 100 from 000 before running the wizard.

I guess now I need to overwrite my client 100 once the wizard in complete?

The oss note says:

copy client 000 with profile SAP_UCUS and after that client 001 with profile SAP_USER.

Anyone can confirm this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I believe you are following this SAP note.

1309239 - Configuration Wizard: PI NetWeaver initial setup

If your question is when to execute the Wizard then I would say after the client copy.

I see a similar approach here as well.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1815442

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct RB.

I'm following note 1309239

And that thread did soeak of my same issue.

I have checked in client 100 all the users. I see all the roles and users,.

So not sure if its truly needed to do 4b

Question 4b: Which source client and profile do I have to use for a client copy?

Answer: You have two options:

• copy client 001 (transaction SCCL) and use profile "SAP_UCUS"
  • copy client 000 with profile "SAP_UCUS" and after that client 001 with profile "SAP_USER". The later is required to insure that j2ee_admin and SAPJSF user have correct role assignment in the new client.
ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You & Regan were 100% true and I was wrong, note 1309239 is clear about it, the client copy must be performed before running the template:

Question 4: [...] Prerequisite is that you have manually performed a client copy and changed the ABAP UME to the new client. This must have been done before the CTC Wizard is executed.

Sorry for misleading you...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok after looking at my client 100, I do see all the users and roles assign to them.

Does the order of when to do the client copy matter then?

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

I think you should perform the copy again, the template installer is making changes in client 000 & 001, not in 100.

You'll need to copy client 000 to client 100 using profile SAP_UCUS taking client 001 as source for users.

Regards

940309 - Change PI default client after NW 7.0 Installation

1115280 - PI CTC: Running SAP NW for PI in a different client

1309239 - Configuration Wizard: PI NetWeaver initial setup

Question 4b: Which source client and profile do I have to use for a client copy?

Answer: You have two options:

• copy client 001 (transaction SCCL) and use profile "SAP_UCUS"
  • copy client 000 with profile "SAP_UCUS" and after that client 001 with profile "SAP_USER". The later is required to insure that j2ee_admin and SAPJSF user have correct role assignment in the new client.