cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deadline branch?

Former Member
0 Kudos

whats a deadline branch in a block inside a BPM?? can u pls explain in detail with an example blog

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

In order to see if certain steps are executed at a particular point of time a deadline has to be defined. For this we need to insert the step to be monitored in the block and then define a deadline branch for this block. This deadline branch and the steps will be executed if the deadline is not met. The remaining steps in the process are not executed by this operation. You can further decide what actions need to be done if the deadline is not met by inserting the required steps in the deadline branch.

For the example please refer to the following link :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/c5/582541019fa52fe10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Hope this was useful.

Regards,

Rachit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry more questions for this

gajendra_bhakuni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

Within the deadline branch we define how we want the process to react if the deadline is exceeded. The system checks the deadline at runtime. If the deadline has been exceeded, the processing branch is executed for the deadline.

In the deadline branch we can trigger an exception or an alert for Alert Management by using a control step.

I hope the following weblog will give you more insights:

<a href="/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm Pattern in BPM</a>

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gajendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks gajendra...

but i have a query...

i have a requirement ..... in my scenario i have a BPM.... i have created a block with a send step in one branch and a exception branch(to cancell the process).... i m sending the message through this send step to a JDBC.... the condition is ... if i dont get a transport response within 2 minutes... i need to branch to the exception branch(to cancell the process)... how can i utilize deadline branch in this process...explain in detail