Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync or Async process?

former_member440449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a proxy to Web Service interface, where I am using a SOAP Lookup UDF to send the request and catch the response from the WS due to security header items required.

I have 2 options to build this interface:

1) Asynchronous: SAP proxy request --> mapping1 (proxy to  WS structure) --> mapping 2 (WS structure to SOAP Lookup to SAP proxy response)

2) Synchronous: SAP proxy request --> mapping 1 --> mapping 2 --> SAP proxy response

For item 1, I need to send back the proxy request on the response, so I tried to add it as multiple messages but I am getting the "could not find message mapping" error.

For item 2, when I test through Operation Mapping I am unable to generate the first target structure.

Is anyone able to let me know how the design for both items should be?

Please notice that I will like to avoid BPM if possible on these requests and I will not use Java mapping.

I'll be glad to read different options.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

Is anyone able to let me know how the design for both items should be?

Please notice that I will like to avoid BPM if possible on these requests and I will not use Java mapping.

What prevents you from using Java mapping? I guess your only other option is to call a java class inside an XSLT mapping.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

Go through the UDF code in the below blog.

Regards,

Pranav

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio - If i understand your requirement correctly may be you can go with the below approach -

Asynchronous: SAP proxy request --> use java mapping to call ws and get the responce -> graphical mapping to SAP proxy response

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

you can use the WS adapter for proxy communication (if you are on dual stack) so you scenario is

Synchronous: SAP proxy request <-(WS)-> PI -(WS with SOAP protocal)-> Web service

regards,

Harish