cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to monitor sxmb_moni in the ABAP systems(business system)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all

We are running on solman 7.1 SP10. I didn't see any monitor on the ABAP business systems that allow us to monitor the sxmb_moni. Note that a PI message can run successfully in PI but fail in ECC. But it seems to me that the PIMON only can monitor messages in PI, not the abap business systems. In the old world, we used to develop a custom monitor that monitors table SXMSPMAST. However, I suppose SAP has come up with something better in the new solman PIMON which they are beating the drum on? Please share if you are aware of such a monitor.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all.

Anyone else has input on sxmb_moni monitoring for the business systems using solution manager? I know that we can write custom monitor to monitor the base table. But I am hoping the new solman PIMON has better functionality.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jansi

Do you mean the following in the solman PIMON?

As you can see, both the PI and ABAP servers are listed in the message alert rule. In solman SP8, I could see the alert only from the PI system. The ones in ABAP never show. In SP10, I cannot see any alert. So the latest is not really the greatest. Do you have any suggestion where to start troubleshooting?

In my experience in SP8(it took me a while to figure this out), the PIMON message alerts are driven by the extraction framework. THe ODS object that stores the alerts in Solman SP8/SP10 is 0SMD_PIMF. When I do a "display data" against 0SMD_PIMF, I can see the alerts. But they just don't show up in the alert inbox or any notification that I have setup.

By the way, the ODS object only has alerts for the PI alerts. The ones from SXMB_MONI aren't there. Maybe they are stored in another cube/ODS? In my opinion, the PIMON is such a black box that if it doesn't work, it's almost impossible to troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Technical monitoring PIMOn do monitor the business systems messages also, have you checked under message monitor,

check the demo here

Other cases we do have some Pi message Monitoring keyfigures available on BPMon , check the ppt attached in the doc

Thanks

Jansi