cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Aggregation Event

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have performed aggregation event with a single parent epc id and 5 child epcs.

Then I want the status of child automatically change whenever any change of status of parent takes place.

Please suggest , if in anyway, it can be performed automatically or custom rule needs to be introduced to achieve the same.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

himanshu_gupta13
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an requirement to do changes in badi_evt_cap_notif, kindly please send me or reply me the sample code which will be helpful for me. Also, help me how to handle /SAPTRX/CX_VALIDATION_EX1 exception errors.

Thanks in advance

Many Thanks / Himanshu Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Just to add more clarity to the query posted by ratnakar.

How the concept of object inference is implemented in SAP OER.  My first event is aggregation event where association created in OER. In my next event which will be a object event having parent EPC only but this should trigger updating child epc EH in OER as well.

The Question here is how OER infer the child objects when only parent epc is posted in object event?

Regards

Tusar

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tusar,

in principle this would be possible by sending the Messages also to the children. But this was not done due to Performance reasons as you could have a huge amount of children and processing the message for all of them would be time critical. In the standard PTA is solved in this way that you could retrieve Events that were sent to children and display them in the UI (for that the hierarchy is evaluated to get only the right events that were sent when the object was a child). You can enable this in the user profile customizing. 

Special status handling was not done in the standard PTA. There is only the Authentication status.

If you have only a few children it could be feasible to send the events also to them and process them.

How to do this and what to change needs then deeper analysis of your process.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks steffen.

Below are my requiremnts. It is postal artcile tracking scenario.

I am closing a bag which might have  1000+ articles & I send an aggregation event to OER with parent bag id & child artcile ids.

In OER I am maintaing two separate EH one for bag ,another for article want to update the status of bag aswell as articles  thru custom ruleset   as an when events are paosted sothat  article status  along with other parameters can be tracked end to end.

Events  profile will  be mix of object & aggregation. As I have said earlier for aggregation  no issue in updating the article status ..

In case of object events where only bag epc are passed ,wanted to know the way to update article status.  article & bag count will be very high.

I see one sap documentation where it says

Child objects have  automated message derivation from parent . How to enable this one?

Regards

Tusar

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>Child objects have  automated message derivation from parent . How to enable this one?

This is what i have explained above. You can set it in transaction /SAPTRX/UCUP

Retrieve Event Messages for Higher-Level Event Handler

Retrieves the event messages that are processed for a higher-level event
handler.

Use

Set this indicator if you want to display the event messages that are
processed for a higher-level event handler. SAP Event Management displays these
event messages in the event list on the detailed screen.

For the status update no such concept is available at the moment.

For postal scenarios you should really think about using a pure own EM scenario and not the PTA scenario. Never seen someone using it for a postal scenario. Then you would have more flexibility to send the event messages to the article EH.

Possible would be in your case to send the bag message out of the rule set to article EH (RESEND activity). This is used in other scenarios. But with your volume i don't imagine that it will work for performance reasons.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steffen.

We are using PTA scenario because most of the events are scanning events i.e bagtag scan, article tag scan.

Is there any way  these id can be associated with document transcation like booking no in OER.  I can search using both booking no as well as article epc.

Regards

Tusar

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the booking no is available as parameter in the EH you can enhance yiur search profile with this parameter.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear steffen

I want to send booking no as outbound delivery doc( ODLV) in the  epcis object event along with booked article epc.

I am sending an aggregation events with  delivery doc ( DOCUMENT_NO). I am getting below error at OER end.

<bizTransactionList>

<bizTransaction type="urn:sap:oer:btt:odlv">urn:sap:oer:bti:odlv:0037000.0080016839</bizTransaction>

</bizTransactionList>

Error at OER end

Error during proxy processing An exception with the type /SAPTRX/CX_VALIDATION_EX1 occurred, but was neither handled locally, nor declared in a RAISING clause Application Error

Any reason for this kind error.

Regards

Tusar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I search booking no if it is passed as epc extension parameter & stored in EH extn table.

i know when I search using epc then it will displayed as parameter.

Let me know your thought on this. That is reason I want to create delivery EH in OER and link the epc.

Regards

Tusar

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, if the booking number is stored in your EH extn table you are also able to search for it.

It should be available then in /SAPTRX/UCCF where you define configured fields for the UI.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can we post Packing event on single EPC without any child in side it....