Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATP check to exclude dependent demand

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For a given product I would like to exclude dependent demand during sales order availability check.

Even after including the demand element (AY) in the scope of check system is not showing confirmation against the dependent demand in the results overview. ('ATP' icon) in APO so that that much quantity can be excluded from the ATP quantity to commit to sales order.

This is happening even after carrying out manual availability check for the planned order in ECC. The confirmed quantity does not reflect in APO ATP tab in the product view. If it appears there I think the issue gets solved.

What could be the reason ?

Regards,

YR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello YR,

The question is slightly confusing. Could you please provide us an example to understand this better ?

Babu Kilari

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

let me explain with example...

Product A bill of mat contains product B as component.

When a sales order is getting created for product B, at the time of availability check, it should exclude the receipt elements (e.g. stock) of product B which are reserved against dependent demand (AY) i.e. planned order of product A.

This works if the demand element from A is production order provided stock of B is already reserved after ATP check in that production order.

Hope I am able to clarify now.

YR

Former Member
0 Kudos

YR,

Technically, stock is not reserved during ATP.  The system uses algorithms to determine if there is enough 'supply' in excess of 'demand' to confirm the quantity and date of a requirement.  Except under the special case of fixed pegging, any supply element can normally be used to support any requirement element.

Anyhow, first, tell me what is the cumulation setting for the availability group.  SPRO > IMG > APO > GATP > Product availability check > Maintain ATP group.

Second, tell me under what circumstances (if any) that you perform ATP on your planned orders.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB,

For the configuration setting 'cummulation of confirmed qty' is on.

As far as the scenario is concerned, we would like to protect the supply for manufacturing demands at the time of sales order creation. So we were checking if the qty can be confirmed against planned order of parent product (dependent demand).

The relevant link related to ATP check for planned orders, from SAP help is given for your reference..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ewm70/helpdata/en/a0/97ab3b3c823c29e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

I tried to carry out availability check manually in planned order on ECC side as well as in order overview on APO side. In both cases though it carried out the availability check and confirmed quantities during transaction execution, but the confirmed quantities were not reflecting in product view (ATP  tab) against the dependent demand which happens if it a production order.

Please provide your insights.

YR

Former Member
0 Kudos

YR,

There are three different cumulation settings.  Which one have you selected?

If you have selected '1', then only confirmed elements will be considered during ATP.  Are ALL of your planned orders going to be confirmed?

I will assume that you are talking about Make to Stock, and that the Business event for the Check Control that contains AY is "A".  I will further assumed that the Dependent demand exists in the //RRP3 "elements" view, and you have definitively identified it as "AY".  Please confirm.

Generally, it is not always a good thing to consider planned orders' dependent demand for ATP, since dependent demands can be 'here today gone tomorrow'.  Many companies don't want a dependent demand that is driven by, say, a forecast, to prevent confirmation of a real sales order that will generate actual revenue.  They instead wait until the planned order is changed to an executable (production order), or even more likely, they wait until the production order has been released.  I will assume that you have a valid business reason for 'protecting' these planned order dependent demands.

...but the confirmed quantities were not reflecting in product view (ATP  tab) against the dependent demand which happens if it a production order.

FYI Production orders have a different element that represents dependent reservations.

Best Regards,

DB49