cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to disable the right-click context menu in Personas?

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I define a very simple Personas flavor (let's say, for a minimal display of an Equipment Master record) which contains just a handful of relevant fields. I hide all unnecessary navigation buttons, menu options or tabs, and it is a single display screen what I want.

However the user can still click the right mouse button, which brings up the context menu and allows navigating to various other views in the transaction. I would like to prevent this since they are unnecessary and especially because then I'd have to customize all those other screens according to my theme and style elements.

Is it possible to achieve this somehow? I tried various javascript suggestions via a script button, but they don't have any effect.

safreen658
Discoverer
0 Kudos

You can use below script to disable right click context menu in Personas.

session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/mnu").hide();

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't found a way to do this. Also, don't forget function keys. I often have a script that runs a report or transaction with a selection screen, filling in everything necessary and skipping that screen. My flavour for the report or transaction then removes the back button and replaces it with a script button that goes back twice (or puts "/n" in the okcode box). But the users can hit F3 to get to the selection screen, which I'd like to be able to avoid.

Drill-down via double-click is another thing I'd like to be able to easily disable. I currently manage this by creating a blank label that stretches over such fields and make sure it is at the front. This label then intercepts the double click and prevents drill-down. Curiously, it doesn't stop the right-click pop-up menu though.

Steve.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response, Steve.

Sounds like there is no way to influence via javascript what the Personas client is doing in this case. I guess since it already got the available function keys from the transaction definition, we'd need a new functionality that would allow specification of what should not be allowed in the flavor.

The list of possible new feature requests keeps growing

I could go on and on

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, proper support for disabling standard actions would be much preferable to JavaScript techniques. Right now, I guess part of the problem with trying to do such things in JS is that Personas is a Silverlight app and so interaction possibilities are minimal. You can't just walk through the DOM and delete a few entires from a pop-up menu, or register a replacement event handler .

Maybe this would be easier in an HTML version, but still I'd prefer a "proper" way of doing it.

teejay
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve / Tamas,

Its a old post wondering if in newer version of Personas 3.0 SAP introduced any standard way to disable right click ?

Please let me know, if there is any way to disable right click menu options.

Thanks,

Tarun

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There is no standard method to do this.

TobiasQueck
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Disabling the context menu has been requested by several customers, therefore, we have evaluated the problem and did not find an obvious technical limitation. As result, we are currently looking into it. The solution will not include disabling the context menu of ALV grids or table views.The current plan is to allow this in our new 'Control-specific Theming' (check the SP02 announcement) so it will be only available for SP02 and newer SPs.

Please check our frontend note updates for the backlog item PERSONAS30-5438. To get notified when we release new notes, I suggest to sign-up for our newsletter at http://support.personas.help.

Cheers!

--

Tobias Queck

SAP Screen Personas

Lead Architect

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

safreen658
Discoverer
0 Kudos

you can use below script to disable the right-click context menu in Personas

session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/mnu").hide();

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This question was asked more than 8 years ago, in the context of Personas 2.0 where this method wasn't available yet. But yes, by now in Personas 3.0, this command will work.