cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver Gateway

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For our mobile applications in our landscape we have a requirement of sap netweaver gateway in our landcape.I have gone through some of documents and would be happy if some one can clarify my doubts.

Our landscape ECC DEV QAS PRD with EHP6.

I would like to know for gateway do we need to have a seperate abap instance or can i import addons of gateway on current developement system. Is there any requirement of java stack?

Following are system components.

SAP_BASIS7020013SAPKB70213
SAP_ABA7020013SAPKA70213
PI_BASIS7020011SAPK-70211INPIBASIS
SAP_BS_FND7020009SAPK-70209INSAPBSFND
WEBCUIF7010008SAPK-70108INWEBCUIF
IS-CWM6050008SAPK-60508INISCWM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kranthi,

You can install gateway add-on in DEV system or can be installed on any SAP Netweaver application server ABAP considering your hardware requirements are up to SAP standard (8GB or higher memory and 80GB or higher Hard disk).

Based on your netweaver version - gateway core components varies, please check the SAP Netweaver gateway installation guide for SAP NetWeaver Gateway 2.0 SP06 and master guide.

https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000043782014E/

https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000043772014E/

regards

kartik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would simply install all SAP NetWeaver Gateway components on you existing DEV server. You can search more info about this specific embedded deployment option. It will save you time and hardware.

Deployment Options - SAP Documentation
Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no need to have a java instance.

it depends on the load if you want to install the GW on separate instance or in existing instance.

If you execute MOPZ and select the required add-on (GW) it will automatically collect the required add-on and generate stack file.

below is the link for more information. Master guide and Installation guide.

SAP NetWeaver Gateway 2.0 – SAP Help Portal Page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for quick reply. As per my knowledge(not sure) netweaver 7.4 doesnot require a gateway installation and by default and all the components required for gateway are installed. Is it ok if i install 7.4 in a separate box and i use this newly installed server as gateway and i connect to my ecc from this server.

ECC (Dual Stack - Old) > New Netwever 7.4( SAP Gateway ) > My Mobile deices

Is above configurations works?

Regards

Kranthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hm! not sure about 7.4 check on PAM.

You can have a separate box for GW (or if it is part of nw7.4), and the configuration should work.

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kranthi,

If you install SAP Netweaver 7.40, add-on SAP_GWFND 740 for core components which comprises functional scope of IW_FND, GW_CORE, IW_BEP, and IW_HDB is available as standard, so with 7.40 netweaver no need to install any other add-ons, for further information, installation guide mentioned above will have all the details.

regards

kartik