cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sidecar HANA Live with multiple systems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

we have three SAP systems: one ECC and two SCMs. We are now considering installing one HANA instance (sidecar) and use HANA Live on the three systems.

Is it possible to share a single HANA instance with the three systems? I didn't find a quote that states the opposite, but the designs I am seeing seem to assume that the relationship is 1:1 between the sidecar HANA and the business suite application.

any help is highly appreciated.

regards,

J.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193518
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Have a look at this note:  http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1661202

See if your scenario is supported.

Regards,

Darryl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick answer,

I am a bit lost with the language, I am more on the functional side

In the note I find information about compatibility across different HANA Applications (the white list), but all the applications I am thinking of are inside Hana Live, so no problems here. I am worried about mixing source systems.

As long as I don't add applications outside the white list, am I ok even if I have separate source systems?

thanks a lot,

J.

former_member193518
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I see.
Have a look at note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1681092

If you are talking about a production system, then you cannot have more than one HANA database on one HANA appliance.

So, if your current setup means that your multiple HANA Applications currently all have their own database, then you will not be able to run them on one production HANA Appliance.

You could of course look at virtualising the HANA Appliance.  This is supported by SAP and would allow you to have one physical HANA Appliance, split into multiple virtual HANA Appliances.

It's very niche and you'd be uber cool for doing it. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

it would be for testing and building demos for clients, so no production. Our current systems (ECC, SCM) have "classic" databases and we want to be able to show the HANA Live content related to both ECC (reports etc...) and SCM (SCM InfoCenter) using a single installation (to limit our investment).

So yes, in our current setup the two systems have they own databases, and I sort of expected that a sidecar HANA shared by our systems would be ok with it (actually it would be more a trimaran than a sidecar, but anyway).

I'll re-check the note.

thanks a lot,

J.

former_member193518
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I've just had to lookup "trimaran". 

Answers (0)