cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I need to upgrade from XI 3.0 to PI 7.31 single stack there are hardly 15 interfaces and no BPM used.

So please suggest whether it will be easy to do upgrade or do a fresh installation of PI 7.31 and then move the objects.

can you help me in finding the advantage and disadvantage.

I believe there will be some archived data in SAP PI system right.? what about those messages during dual stack to single stack upgrade.

how the messages will be moved from abap stack to single stack?

Also please help me what points need to be considered when upgrading from Xi 3.0 to PI 7.31(single stack)

Regards

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish/Bhargava

How does the archived messages of ABAP stack will be moved when we upgrade to single stack?

Regards

Sandeep

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep - First, there is no direct upgrade from dual stack to single stack

You have to migrate your interfaces from dual stack to single stack which means it's a fresh installation and you'll move all your interfaces to it.

So no question of ABAP stack or ABAP stack messages.

-----------

If you are going for dual stack, then you can upgrade your system i.e. no need of fresh installation and you can still access to your archived messages.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

you have to go for fresh installation.

As you have only fifteen interfaces, it will be to easy to do that. you may need to do some development work if you have idoc,proxy and http adapters.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I need to upgrade from XI 3.0 to PI 7.31 single stack there are hardly 15 interfaces and no BPM used.

So please suggest whether it will be easy to do upgrade or do a fresh installation of PI 7.31 and then move the objects.

Refer the SAP note 817920 which have the information, to upgrade and steps to be performed before and after the upgrade.

Since you are going for Single stack fresh installation required.

Also please help me what points need to be considered when upgrading from Xi 3.0 to PI 7.31(single stack)

Refer the Decision making factors when upgrading to PI 7.3

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-16247

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7048c50a-9b49-2e10-3b8e-ec2e1b02e...

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

It is easy to do a fresh installation and move the interfaces to PI 7.31 single stack. It will not affect your existing archive messages of dual stack.

You need to create ICO in single stack. Please check the below blog about tool provided by SAP to move the object

you can also update the comm channel at once. check the below

Migration and Mass Change of Communication Channels - Integration Directory - SAP Library

Please check the below migration guide

additional link -

regards,

Harish