former_member343632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have period split profile where I have maintained

No. of Periods = 4

Starting Periodicity - Weeks

Target Periodicity - Days

My issue is - it is splitting the data from weeks to days only for the first week and the remaining of the 3 weeks - data is not splitted.

What could be the reason. Please help.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Prabhat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prabhat,

If I understand your requirement correctly, you want to do -->  During the Forecast Release,You want split Weekly Forecast from DP into Daily Buckets into SNP.

In this case.

No. of Periods = 7

Starting Periodicity = Weeks

Target Periodicity = Days

You need specify date range (From and To Date) in the variant covering the required Four Weeks.

Using Distribution Function you can define how you want to split weekly forecast into daily forecast.

Let us say you have Weekly Forecast of 175, then there are 7 daily periods in a Week. You can distribute like 25 Per Day or else by another way like 35 on all Weekdays(Monday to Friday) or some other split which suits your requirement.

You may know already,  Shipping Calendar which is assigned to Plant is a key here - which has details of Working and Non-working day details.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

former_member343632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

You are correct that I want to split the weekly forecast into daily bucket in SNP - i.e. I will release forecast from weekly bucket and it should sit into Daily bucket into SNP.

I am using distribution function for 5 days with 20% each meaning equal distribution from monday to friday.

As far as No. of Periods is concerned - I think it specifies the number of periods of the starting periodicity for which the conversion should apply.

I want to convert 4 weeks into daily so I am putting No. of periods as - 4.

I am not getting the option to save this as variant so not sure if we can maintain the from and to date as you said.

Shipping calendar should be of no woory here as the first week is getting splitted properly but the rest of the three weeks - data is not splitted and all the data sits on Friday.

Regards,

Prabhat

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prabhat

Yes, you are right. Number of Periods- Specifies the number of periods of the starting periodicity for which the conversion should apply.

Please refer below screenshot which shows Period Split Profile and Distribution Function.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat

I assume that you are not using any Fiscal variant and your period split profile is correct. In your distribution Function, did you maintain values (20%) for all the four weeks or only one week?

Thanks,

Prasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat

I am not sure how you have configured your Distribution Function. Please follow the process mentioned in the document and let us know if there is still an issue

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90d34b3d-ff6c-2e10-3f86-b01d9ba0f...

Thanks,

Prasun

former_member343632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasun,

Thanks for this document but my query is unanswered.

I am using period split profile with distribution function for 5 days with 20% weightage for each of the 5 day.

Regards,

Prabhat