cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI - CM Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have requirement to setup NWDI - CM Services, so that our customer can develop object and can transport the across the landscape.

Below are details on system.

As per SAP Note    1361909 - CM Services in CTS+ we have followed general recommendations and using below setup

1.) Solution Manager 7.1 - Configured as Domain Controller and Central SLD eg SID = SOL

2.) Netweaver 7.3 Java with Usage Type DI installed - CM Services and NWDI e.g SID = CMS

3.) Runtime system - EP - Netweaver 7.3 SP 7 - three systems ( Dev,Qa and Prod) and eg SID's EPD,EPQ, EPP

I have gone through the sap standard documentation,How to setup CM services, and best practices..but still landing on some confusions on scenarios and parameters.

Below are my questions-

1.) When i add the CMS, EPD,EPQ,EPP - as non - ABAP system in domain controller SOL, for which system needs to checked.

"Development Configuration" Is it required for all systems or only for CMS and EPD.

2.) On CMS ( NWDI - System ), In Development configuration Management - When I create systems what are the Transport Settings

For which system "Source Export" and "Deployable Export",  please correct below information,

a.) Source Export for EPD, CMS

b.) Deployable Export for EPQ,EPP

3.) Can I use more than one Track, can this DTR,CBS be used and stored on CMS system.

Regards

KSK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi KSK,

i noticed this question while searching for something else. I am sure this wouldn't be an actively followed issue still as it is more than a year old, but still thought of adding my 2 cents as we are going through these same questions.

1. With CM Services, CTS+ on new systems there is no need of an upload systems and instead synchronized services can be used in CM Services for upload of standard components.
    • So a development configuration required is dependent on the type of export methodology that is selected.
    • If its "Deployable Export" you just need a Dev. Config. for EPD only.
    • if its "Source export" Dev Config. would be required for EPQ and EPP as well.
  2. The Choice of "Source Export" and "Deployable Export" is not per system but per Transport Route. we cannot have mix Export Types for a change route.
  3. Unfortunately CTS/TMS allows creation of Dev. COnfig. per system and unlike CMS we cannot have multiple Dev. Configs as per individual applications.

Regards,

VB