Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP_DEBUG_SYSTEM_OFF and HTTP_DEBUG_SYSTEM_ON

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

can you please suggest what the below FM's does

HTTP_DEBUG_SYSTEM_OFF and HTTP_DEBUG_SYSTEM_ON

cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

they are used to activate/deactivate system debugging for HTTP services. In SICF you can activate debugging using menu path Edit -> Debugging.

Cheers

6 REPLIES 6

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

they are used to activate/deactivate system debugging for HTTP services. In SICF you can activate debugging using menu path Edit -> Debugging.

Cheers

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Pavan,

Please go through below link to know the functionality of these FM.

HTTP_DEBUG_SYSTEM_ON

HTTP_DEBUG_SYSTEM_OFF

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Abdul

Thanks for Sharing

I have got only these results in google.. Can you please suggest any other information

Thanks

Pavan M

0 Kudos

I don't see the security relevance of this as the FMs are not released and only used internally and not RFC-enabled.

You won't find more information than the code in the FMs themselves.

The website linked to above also just automatically extracts the names of FMs and their parameters from SAP and reproduces it on their website - they are not really interested in the FMs either.

Please explain why you are asking this question?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius

When users start debugging in a system.. a particular table gets updated...

If to many users start debugging , it may also effect the system performance.

I heard executing these Fm's before and after debugging will clear that particular table

I want to know info about these FM's and what exactly they do

Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks

Pavan M

0 Kudos

It is better to control the debugging via the user type and at dispatcher level you can define that only one work process is available for the debugger - that way your concerns are covered and these FMs are irrelevant then.

Cheers,

Julius