Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Blog doesn't appear under my content

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recently, one of my blog was moved to and it is now available there.

But I cant find it under the content of my profile (in blog section).

However, when I go to Participated, I can see this.

What could be the reason?

Nitin

cc:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like its all fixed up now.

Sorry about the mix up.

It's kind of a bad set of steps that a mod has to go through.

If an abuse report is made, saying the blog is in the wrong place, I have to actually reject the abuse report, (i.e. make the blog visible).  Then move the blog to the right space.  Otherwise I'm dependent on the other space's mod to accept the blog. 

But in so doing, the person submitting the abuse report gets a message that tells them their abuse report was rejected and the content made available.  When in fact it is accepted because we moved the blog. Isn't that kind of discouraging to the people reporting abuses?  Especially if someday we tie missions and badges to abuse reports?   I guess they can see it was moved if they want to go check but this doesn't quite seem like the proper process.

Of course, maybe the blog SHOULD go through the new space's moderator if it's being moved from another area.  As a moderator I might not want my space to become a dumping ground for unwanted blogs.

Craig

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yup. Its all fixed now. But I just want to know how did it become visible when I published it again after editing ? And why doesn't it show the correct date of posting ??

ntn

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.. That I can't help you.  The correct date is showing as you just "Published" it.  Of course we know that is wrong but I imagine that is WHY you see an incorrect date there.  I wouldn't have thought you would have had to publish it again.  That to me is a question.

But it could be possible, that when you first said you could no longer see the blog in your content, a global moderator did something special to give it "back" to you and in the process the system made it new content, i.e. unpublished.

Craig

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even I think so. One has to re publish it if a content is moved. And this should be mentioned somewhere, else Author would never get to know and the content would remain invisible.

But if this is not the case, this should be investigated why did this happen. May be Jason can explain.

ntn

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The user certainly has NOT to re-publish it again to make it visible, it becomes automatically visible when the abuse report got rejected.

You will not receive any update if an abuse report against your content got rejected, only the reporter gets an update. You get updates if the abuse report against your content was accepted.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. But in this particular case, I had to re publish it. That's what the question is!!

Or may be moderator, as you said B, would have done something in the similar phase of time.

ntn

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

...or the moderator B had not yet worked on the abuse report at all.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.. but in that case Nitin shouldn't have seen the blog as publishible (is that even a word?).

Craig

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Absolutely Correct !!!

That's what I'm trying to say for so long. There is something wrong.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

🙂 'Publishable' is the word Sir 😛

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

seems.. it has been removed..  This link SCN resolution: 2014  says Unauthorized.  did you not get any notification?

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is that so? Because I can still see it. I got notification for the 'moved' only.

ntn

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

maybe can help you on this.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey, Can you see it now? I just clicked on 'edit' and then Publish. I can see it now.

Kindly confirm

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now its visible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can see the blog. I think you need to re publish it once a content is moved to other place.

Should be confirmed by moderators.

KJ

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Nitin Jinagal

yes, it is very much visible.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah. This should be first confirmed by a moderator so that I can close this thread.

If a content is moved, and if this is required to be re published, I think same should be indicated in the notification.

If this is not required, then this matter should be taken up by moderators.

ntn

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your blog had probably an abuse report "wrong space" which hides it until a moderator rejects the abuse report  (technically needed) and then moves it to the new space or keeps it in the current space..

However, if the move was done while the abuse report was active, then moderator A can no longer process this abuse report, and the content stays hidden until the moderator B from the target space makes the content visible again.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Chandra 

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jitendra

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. It happened this way.

But if Moderator B was supposed to make it visible, how come it become visible once I clicked on 'edit'and then Publish.

Besides, in the blog, it still cannot be seen that it was originally posted on January 1 and modified on January 29.

ntn