SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit the volume of sements in Outbound WPUUMS Idoc (POSDM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The recomended number of segments for individual WPUUMS idocs is 500-1000.  I am looking for a way to set this in the POSDM idocs creation process to that once the alloted number of segments is reached, the process moves on to a new idoc.

Research so far has led me to believe that this may be possible in the IMG, but I cannot immediately see where.  Another option is to include a restriction in the ABAP program that creates the idocs.  I have also looked in WE30 at the WPUUMS01 settings, but as far as I can see it is a basic idoc type, so will not allow any changes.

Does anyone out there have any experience of this and know the best way to limit segment numbers in idocs?

6 REPLIES 6

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sananda,

First of all the settings which you are refereeing above is available in SAP ECC in Inbound profile. We have provision to limit number of items to be included in a billing document irrespective of number of segment in IDoc. So you can use this facility to optimize the Billing document generation.

Alternative in SAP POS DM, you can try using following settings.

In POS DM IMG: (Transaction: /POSDW/IMG)

POS Data Management -> POS Inbound Processing -> Tasks -> One-Step Processing -> Define Tasks

Here in this option, select the task code 0014 for your profile type. In this task there is field Number of Items as highlighted in given screen shot.

You can use this field and try. I would suggest to go through F1 help of this help before you use it.

If you are using two step processing then use following path:

POS Data Management -> POS Inbound Processing -> Tasks -> Two-Step Processing -> Define Outbound Tasks.

Here you select outbound task 3001 where you will find the same field.

I also believe there is no direct setting in POS DM for this purpose but this might solve your issue.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

This is actually controlled in the Outbound Tasks Configuration in POSDM for the WPUUMS Idoc.Where in you can find the Number of items.

Similarly you can control this in Aggregated Sales Control (POS interface under SD Node) and assign the same no of items if you want to have a new document(billing) if the number of items are more than

500 or 1000 etc.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh D

0 Kudos

Thank you Amit,

That's all very usefull information.  Currently in the system I am looking at, the outbound is sending WPUUMS in excess of 5000 segments each.  This is then being split into Billing Docs of 100 lines but hte inbound process.

Having read your advice, I think that the slow performance may be caused by the size of the Billing Documents, rather than the Idoc size.  I am about to go and research optimum sizes for the billing doc, but if you have any thoughts, they would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos

Thank you Ramesh,

That's very helpful, I will check the settings as you have kindly advised

0 Kudos

Hi Sananda,

Yes, In order to optimized the time for SAP Inbound IDoc processing, first thing is use parallel processing and use SAP program RWPOS_PARA_ENQUEUE to process the IDoc in parallel environment.

In Inbound profile configuration, set the number of line items in billing document to around 500 to speed up the process. The buffering of BillDoc number range from NRIV table is also important.

So if you handle these areas for your inbound, you will be able to improve the speed and nothing is required from POS DM side to reduce the segments.

I hope this will give idea about inbound optimization.

Regards,

Amit

ramesh_duraisamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

@Sananda : Point us by replying correct and Assumed Answer