cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Documentation - one job documentation, several jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone have a solution for having one piece of job documentation for several jobs?

I have 20 jobs on a managed system that are very similar, just with minor adjustments. I think that one piece of job documentation would be enough to cover them all, since documentation, error handling, attached documents etc. are exactly the same.

Kindly Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Nicolai,

Firstly please decide if these 20 jobs doing the same or similar thing, if no, I don't suggest you document them by same JD.

Technically JD supports what you want, you know in 'System' tab of a JD, there is no restriction on how many logical component (so also systems) can be maintained, you can maintain all your LC in the top table, then 'link' the job instance (which running in remote system) with each of them in scheduling application that can be launched by selecting the system then clicking 'Scheduling' button at the bottom table.

Best Regards,

Jacky

0 Kudos

BTW, I'm not sure which support package you are using currently, with ST7.1 SP10 you can link a job documentation with job instance by a specific applicaion that can be launch from 'Common Tasks' area of Job Management work center, just click 'Link Jobs'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacky,

Thanks for you reply.

The jobs are similar enough, to be covered by 1 JD.

I can't see how this would work. We are talking about 20 jobs in the same logical component on 1 JD. Unless I misunderstand your answer, it is refering to 20 jobs on different logical components.

I am not interested in such a workaround.

From what I have seen and read, I can't see how it is possible.

Nicolai

0 Kudos

Hi Nicolai,

Oh, I see, you want to doc N jobs running in same system by 1 JD, right? yes Job Management doesn't support that currently.

Best Regards,

Jacky