Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red traffic light on RFC Status in Managed Systems Configuration

daniel_piggott-genge
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is an annoying one.  In Solman on the Managed Systems Configuration tab, every morning when I come it all the RFC status traffic lights for every system in our landscape is red.  I go through them perform all the connection tests etc. and get them all green again but the following day.... back to red.

It's quite frustrating. 

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Thank you,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

daniel_piggott-genge
Participant
0 Kudos

Oleg,

I'm afraid I haven't had a chance to look at Solman again for the last few weeks.  But I have today applied note 1971257 as suggested by

0 Kudos

manish_kumar8
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oleg,

Did you follow all the 3 notes I suggested you ?

Please follow below SAP notes to solve these :

1971257 - RFC Destination Not Created in Managed System Configuration

1971260 - Roles Not Uploaded to Managed System When Creating RFC Destinations in solman_setup

1830640 - Authorizations for SAP Solution Manager RFC users as of SP09

You need to upload the roles to your managed systems and solution manager also as per note 1971260.

Then after that you have to do the RFC configurations for managed systems again.

1. Click on 'Create or Update Administrator ' for Managed System Configuration User and update it with relevant roles.

2. For all the RFC's, you need to select the RFC and option "Use Existing User, Specify Password and update of roles" .

Regards,

Manish

0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

Yes, I Implemented these notes, but it does not solve the problem.

Hi

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

daniel_piggott-genge
Participant
0 Kudos

Oleg,

Thank you for your last post. I have applied that note now and it has indeed fixed the issue. Well done for finding that!

Manish, Thanks for your help on this too.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

Hello, Daniel!

Have you solve the problem?

I have exactly the error.

BR, Oleg

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Pls check this links,

Managed_Systems - SAP Solution Manager Setup - SCN Wiki

Regards

Nayeem

daniel_piggott-genge
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Sorry I did leave out some information.

We are on Solution Manager 7.1 SPS10 currently and I am in the process of setting the system up. The screenshot below shows that I haven't actually finished putting all our systems in correctly yet but as you can see the RFC Status column is red.

The systems MSM, SD1, BD1 and ED1 all had green lights int he RFC Status column last night.

To get them green again I have to click on Configure System and go to step 3 Connect Managed System.  Here it shows the message:

BACK RFC not created on system xxx client xxx

I click Edit then select Create/Update on the RFC Destination with User (Back) option.

Then I select Use Existing User, Specify Password.  And I enter the password and click on Execute.

It then tells me BACK destination xxx with user xxx created successfully.

I can now click next and everything goes green but tomorrow morning it will have gone back to red.

The annoying thing is, if I look in the child system the back RFC is there even when the traffic light is red...

Let me know if there's any other info you need to know.

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have SP8 and the traffic light never change from green to Red everyday (unless there are some issues). Looks like some kind of bug in SP10? I would suggest to raise an OSS message with SAP.

manish_kumar8
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

This is a bug in Solution Manager 7.1 SP10.

Please follow below SAP notes to solve these :

1971257 - RFC Destination Not Created in Managed System Configuration

1971260 - Roles Not Uploaded to Managed System When Creating RFC Destinations in solman_setup

1830640 - Authorizations for SAP Solution Manager RFC users as of SP09

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Double click the red light in the screen, it will show the error details

May be the issue will be Latest ST-PI * plug-in required for managed system .

Rg,

Karthik

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Daniel,

If you want to convert these red status into green then You need to upgrade the ST-PI and SAP-Basis on Managed System.

Regards,

former_member186066
Participant
0 Kudos

Share the screenshot.

manish_kumar8
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Could you please give some more details.. like what is the Solution Manager version and patch level you are running on ?

Regards,

MK