cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria7 sp4 - Restrict Specific URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

As title above, I need to restrict the specific URL while list in the safari, From afaria7sp4 have a feature as "web content filter" and I setup the setting as below:

I create two policy which is passcode and web content filter policy and apply to the iOS device. The passcode policy was success showed on the iOS device profile but web content filter policy didn't.

Besides, I check the safari and I can browse any of the URL.

Would someone can pin point my mistake or share your experience on how to setup "web content filter"?

Thank you.

Regards,

Choong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,

Can you help to give some valuable advise?

Thank you.

Regards

Choong

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

CC:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jitendra for CC Chetan.

To clarify the problem and the objective, My objective is to restrict the browser in device for open the specific URL such as www.emi-solutions.biz ONLY.

After some research that the Afaria "web content filter" may help to restrict the website on the device browser, I setup the setting as display in the parent tread but the policy is not pushed and display on the iOS device profile.

I wonder whether there is some setting is missing or any problem during the push policy process. Can someone answer my question below:-

1. Can I use the "web content filter" to achieve my requirement to restrict the specific URL on the device browser?

2. The "web content filter" policy did not push to the device and no error log in the afaria server, may I know how to push the policy successfully?

Thank you.

Regards

Choong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Web filter policy will work on Supervised Only device.

You need to configured for the same.

You Need to enroll the device with the enrollment url IOS 7 and Higher.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Chetan,

I'm enrolled with iOS 7 and higher, may I know how to make the enrolled device as supervised device?

Regards

Choong

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Step to follow

1. Connect the device to MAC . ( Note : Take a backup of device)

2. Open Apple configator  on MAC and select the option Supervised

3.  It will take 1 hr ( Depend on device upgrade version) for supervised

4. Once process completed remove the device and download afaria client on device.

5 .Create a new enrollment code policy .. Note : Don't use the enrollment code for IOS 6 , you need to check for enrollment url for IOS7.

7. Open the safari and type the url for  IOS7 .

8. Done.

Once the device is supervised you can work on all the policy for IOS7 which are for Supervised device.

Silent install and uninstall of application can be done once the device is supervised

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

The URL restriction is work perfectly now. Thanks for your help. Point awarded.

Regards,

Choong

Answers (0)